Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Turkish Super Cobra shot down by Kurd rebels

Rating: 5.00 - Votes: 3 - Views: 3344
Added by: baharnarenj, 05-15-2016
Back | Next

Please Login or Register to rate and comment Media

06-05-2016, 08:59 PM #89617
bu187    
bu187
Warrant Officer

Turkey bought ten AH-1W SuperCobras in the early 1990s, and supplemented with 32 ex-US Army AH-1 Cobras.[27] The AH-1s have been used against the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) rebels.[28] In late 2011, Turkey requested the purchase of three AH-1Ws from the USMC inventory.[29][30]

On May 13, 2016, PKK militants shot down a Turkish Army AH-1W SuperCobra using a 9K38 Igla (SA-18 Grouse) MANPADS. In the published video, the missile severed the tail section from the rest of the helicopter, causing it to spin, fragment in midair and crash, killing the two pilots onboard. The Turkish government first claimed that it fell due to technical failure then it became obvious that it was shot down'.[31]

1. Likes

Rhntz (06-08-2016)
06-05-2016, 02:23 PM #89616
Warrior346    
Warrior346
Corporal

it looks like tiger...i dont think turky has super cobra

1. Likes

Keywords

Rss Feeds Video Search

Related Media
this video has been posted by a shabiha member on his facebook account sorry about the gay durka music its a shiia muslim song announcing death to sunni muslims at the beginning u can see a shabiha member pouring gas on a fsa fighter contains firefights
Views: 2146
Rebel forces attack a Syrian army artillery base on foot, they get to the walls and start throwing in bombs and grenades, one crazy guy throws hand grenade right into a tanks barrel blowing it up! Must see craziness. Hama, Syria.
Views: 3807
Im not really sure what is going on here. But its bloody.
Views: 2207
Do these bastards really need help? Why not help out Assad? The middle east is not like USA or Europe or Russia. I think the word is less evolved? In order for everybody to live peacefully there has to be some ruthless asshole at the helm. If the government here collapsed I bet cutting someones head off might cross peoples minds but I wouldn't say it would be at the top of their list. The lack of the snackbar leads me to believe these are foreigners to Syria.
Views: 1019
krak de chevaliers and surrounding city carpet bombed by Syrian army forces. 1-4-13, Homs.
Views: 4361