Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boots ?

Corporal
    Dislike

I'm currently rocking the Oakey SI Assault Boots here in Afghanistan. Cannot be happier.
    Combat Engineer.
    Currently serving in Afghanistan.

Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by ipalot111 View Post
    I'm currently rocking the Oakey SI Assault Boots here in Afghanistan. Cannot be happier.
    last deployment I had those and the issued boots, the Oakley boots were very very comfy..almost like wearing running shoes..
    going back in the Summer, I'll deffinetly take my Oakleys but as a second set I was toying with the idea of Altama Exo Speeds like MickDonalds suggested..a few guys wore those and were very happy.
    There are 3 sides to every story...theirs, ours and the truth.

"i will personally let you know when im going to my sniper spot and will let you and everyone on the site know everything !!" -SecretSniper
    "Highly classified sniper in the sas." -SecretSniper
    " i fort i was going down" -SecretSniper
    "i nearly got snipered in the head" -SecretSniper
    "STOP FUCKING SHOOTING AT ME !! -Ripcord

Corporal
    Dislike

i have the Altma Exo speeds as my backup boots right now, my oakelys replaced them a few months back the Altama's were extremely lightweight and confortable, i jsut like the oakleys better
    Combat Engineer.
    Currently serving in Afghanistan.

Corporal
    Dislike

Default Altama all the way..

Had a pair of altama exos gifted to me and my paws absolutely love em!

Corporal
    Dislike

For me you can't beat Altberg Sneekers. They have canvas down the sides of the tongue, so are not waterproof at all, but no boot will stay dry when you're crawling through a stream, it does mean they dry out super fast though. Also really light weight and extremely comfy. http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/military_SneekerOr.jsp

I used to use a set of issue gore-tex "boots cold weather" and will never wear gore-tex again, those things could last days without drying out.
    "A volunteer is worth ten pressed men. So don't volunteer, otherwise you'll be lumbered with the work normally done by ten men."

Sergeant
    Dislike

for cold weather (and not too much walking) i always wear my big ol' mickey mouse boots

they are good for -20*F and 100% waterproof, but weigh 4lbs each LOL
    http://store.colemans.com/cart/images/0801.gif

i know a place where you can get them lightly used (sometimes brand new with paint spilled on them or something) for $30

7. Likes

Mel (02-06-2011)

Dislike

Damn Devil...I had a pair of those 15 or 20 years ago. I had forgotten all about the bunny boots.Those things are warm,but like Devil said...You can't do a lot of walking in them.
    Strive not to be a success,but rather to be of value..We support our troops.

Corporal
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by ipalot111 View Post
    Yeah, I wore the Oakley MK-IIs for a bit on my last pump and loved the shit out of them. I ditched the Oakley's for Bates Lites halfway through the deployment because my company 1st Sgt. would ride my ass saying they weren't Marine Corps certified and I was out of regs wearing 'em. Funny how he wouldn't say shit to any of the platoon commanders wearing the same shit...

Anyways, the Bates were okay, not the most durable, but they were comfortable enough. I also had a pair of Danner's that I got issued before we left but were uncomfortable even after I broke them in so I wouldn't wear them too often. Since I've been back I got another pair of Danner's which have leather over the heel and toe and they are the tits.