Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Corporal
    Dislike

Cool Need some advice for becoming a pilot

Hi all, ive posted about once or twice now about wanting to join the army to fly Apaches, or honestly anyone i get assigned to. I have a passion i can no longer explain for them, i want to be with them and fly them every second! So a few questions:

Is basic training hard? Anything i should do to prepare besides working out and waking up early. I go to boot camp over my junior summer to senior year.

Is warrent officer school hard? I'm reading 2 books on how helicopters work and fly, not easy stuff but im getting it.

Does anyone know a place where i can get hands on controls in a helicopter or get a flight and sit in the front or something?

Grade wise, I just passed first semester with 5 As and a B. So im doing good on grades, trouble wise, none this year what so ever, dosent mean i have it coming my way!

Also, are there any camps for kids my age (16) that i can do over the summer that involve the army, or aviation (helicopters) camps?

Thats really all i can come up with at the moment, will post more questions if i have more.

Private
    Dislike

JROTC helps a lot. You should join the second you are able.

Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by mp5punk View Post
    Hi all, ive posted about once or twice now about wanting to join the army to fly Apaches, or honestly anyone i get assigned to. I have a passion i can no longer explain for them, i want to be with them and fly them every second! So a few questions:

Is basic training hard? Anything i should do to prepare besides working out and waking up early. I go to boot camp over my junior summer to senior year.

Is warrent officer school hard? I'm reading 2 books on how helicopters work and fly, not easy stuff but im getting it.

Does anyone know a place where i can get hands on controls in a helicopter or get a flight and sit in the front or something?

Grade wise, I just passed first semester with 5 As and a B. So im doing good on grades, trouble wise, none this year what so ever, dosent mean i have it coming my way!

Also, are there any camps for kids my age (16) that i can do over the summer that involve the army, or aviation (helicopters) camps?

Thats really all i can come up with at the moment, will post more questions if i have more.
    Yeah I remember you....As long as you keep your ass out of trouble and your nose in the books you should be alright....as for stick time the only ways i can think of are through a flight school or a friend of the family who has a rotary wing license and is willing to help you out.
    For any support questions please contact the AC staff team via the Contact formor via email apacheclips.support@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Corporal
    Dislike

hey nasty, yea i have a few of my dads friends who are retired pilots from military and police, got to go on ride alongs a lot, almost had time at controls but weather was too poor. so ill keep looking, thanks for the advice!