Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corporal
    Dislike

Bunch of crap that no missions were compromised. Any half wit can see the feed and look at land marks and see that the drone looks here and here so change our routes. Morons. I find it hard to believe that a known serious issue would raise the cost to fix. The item the gov paid for would technically be "defective" but considering they knew about it im sure they signed something saying they will accept it as is. Tax dollars wasted. LOL delta...

Private
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNiner View Post
    up until now I thought that drones used some sort of tactical data link. jam proof and encrypted to avoid this shit. then again it could be done on purpose (disinformation/counterintelligence) or plain old psyops. "Brother Jamal, at the 3:18 mark is when our dear brother Ahmed get's sent to heaven. He shouldn't have pretended to be dead, allah *sniff* akbar."
    Its an interesting issue. Ive used the correct issued equipment that recieves the data link. The link as far as I am aware is insecure and vunrable to interferance. If they have been hacking to recieve the link from ''drones'' or UAVs then can I am also pretty sure that they can recieve the data from any aircraft carring a Pod that transmitts the signal such as SNIPER and LITENING III pods.

Scary but am not to sure how much use it is to the enemy. They would need mapping to know grid referances or indeed understand Lat and Long. Do they have the comms or intelligence to act quickly enough on what images that they are seeing.

At best, they are seeing their mates getting smashed for IED planting by a 500lb on the button

Corporal
    Dislike

time to just Nuke Iran and get it over with

Corporal
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Widow091 View Post
    Its an interesting issue. Ive used the correct issued equipment that recieves the data link. The link as far as I am aware is insecure and vunrable to interferance. If they have been hacking to recieve the link from ''drones'' or UAVs then can I am also pretty sure that they can recieve the data from any aircraft carring a Pod that transmitts the signal such as SNIPER and LITENING III pods.

Scary but am not to sure how much use it is to the enemy. They would need mapping to know grid referances or indeed understand Lat and Long. Do they have the comms or intelligence to act quickly enough on what images that they are seeing.

At best, they are seeing their mates getting smashed for IED planting by a 500lb on the button
    Unfortunately you're right bro, if targetting pods used a similar or the same data link then they too could potentially be hacked into.

I also agree, I don't think the insurgency/jihadists have the knowledge and know-how to properly make use of the data provided by the drones. I think in this case they're content with studying and analyzing the video feeds and making changes to their strategy to survive better - not necessarily use the info gathered for attacks against the the coalition. I'm still not happy with the fact that the feeds they are tapping into would show uncensored data as well as the audio comms that go with it. Denying these wahhabist bastards any advantage however small, would decrease coalition and civilian deaths.
    Last edited by DeltaNiner; 12-21-2009 at 03:22 AM.