Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Corporal
    Dislike

Default Rest in Peace Lcpl. Nick Riccio

A fine young man is being laid to rest today in Charleston SC. Lance Corporal Nick Riccio, a wounded warrior from Operation Iraqi Freedom, passed away at his home. He suffered a severe brain injury during OIF during a mortar attack. He also stated that his goal was to rejoin his unit brethren, which, unfortunately could not happen.
    My son was the first Marine Corps recruit to come from the same High School after Nick. I was told, that during my sons time at PI, Nick's bravery in working hard to overcome his injuries and love for his unit buddies was used as an example for the recruits to follow. The kind of Marine they should strive to be.
    Rest in Peace to a very fine example of a United States Marine. He will not be forgotten.

2. Likes

jamieooh (01-09-2015),SgtJim (01-09-2015)

Dislike

Former Marine Lance Cpl. Nick Riccio of Charleston serves as grand marshal of the 2005 Veterans Day Parade as it makes its way down King Street. Riccio died this week, 10 years after surviving a massive brain injury while serving in Iraq. File/Grace Beahm/staff

Former Marine Lance Cpl. Nick Riccio of Charleston serves
    as grand marshal of the 2005 Veterans Day Parade
    as it makes its way down King Street.
    Riccio died this week, 10 years after surviving a massive brain injury
    while serving in Iraq. File/Grace Beahm/staff

"He was born on July Fourth, and perhaps that says it all."

thanks for this memo Lui

anybody knows that fact, he was one of the youngest recipients of the Purple Heart, which he received following a brain injury he sustained from a mortar round in June 2004 while he was deployed in Iraq.

i found a really good report about him:

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...PC16/150109524

my news blog-> daily military, war on terror news-flood

--> visit - subscribe - comment --> HTTP://SGT-JIM.BLOGSPOT.COM <--

http://twitter.com/sgt_jim

"FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DO, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY. FOR THOSE WHO DON’T, NONE IS POSSIBLE."

4. Likes

jamieooh (01-09-2015)