UPDATE: They have changed the name to "Grant vs Lee".
For fellow Civil War buffs, a new mini-series is in the works titled "Grant vs Lee"...
Official site: http://www.toappomattox.com/Home.html
Fan site: http://toappomattox.wordpress.com/
IMDb site: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2032276/
I'm hoping it's a hell of a lot better than Ron Maxwell's "Gods and Generals", which was absolutely horrible for numerous reasons.
- Absolute failure to depict the true horrors of combat during the American Civil War.
- Ignoring major battles (Jackson's Valley Campaign, 2nd Manassas, Sharpsburg).
- Depicting Jackson praying every five minutes.
- Completely went away from the novel.
- Pointless and drawn-out storylines, like Jackson befriending the little girl in Fredericksburg and the relationship between Chamberlain and his wife.
Those were just a few examples of what was wrong with that film. I could go on and on, but it's not worth my time. In short and if they really want to do this right, the director and producer(s) involved with "To Appomattox" should watch "Band of Brothers", "Glory", "The Pacific" and "Saving Private Ryan" over and over and over again. Historical accuracy is key.
Do it right or don't do it all.