Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Dislike

ctually I was in the gun shop saturday and he ordered ten of them, told him to hold one for me. they came in today... a whole 2 of them. being limited dealers can only get two so he has one left which he was gonna nab for himself. wasn't expecting them this soon, so paid part of it till next paycheck.
    Now i'm torn wether i should shoot it at all
    "The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

2. Likes

BrendenF11 (08-01-2012)

Dislike

As long as it is very well maintained I would shoot it, not like a normal 10/22, but enough to experience it. Speaking of which I should probably clean my 10/22 it's been a few thousand rounds.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    —General George Patton Jr.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor. "
    Thomas Jefferson

Dislike

serial numbers are not a regular ruger either. for these they begin... GOLD0001 - GOLD5000

was thinking of getting a 10-22 and this just happened to come along, not to mention its stainless
    "The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."

Dislike

I swear by my 10/22, ive had 3 jams after about 7000 rounds. Has to get one new mag so I bought 6, just to make sure. Haven't cleaned it in about 2500 rounds give or take a couple hunred with the my ruger single six involved. Thing still shoots straight, and never malfunctions. Although my little henry repeater .22 is gaining ground on the 10/22 right now for myself, along with my little henry ranch hand .22 ( still learning how to aim with it since the original stock doesn't really serve much of a purpose) is a fun one to try to perfect.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor. "
    Thomas Jefferson

Dislike

BTW serpa you can't go wrong with a S&W. My SVE40 was a fun one, and although I had to get rid of it I would buy and S&W again. Just wish I didn't have the .45's and the 9mm's then I could justify buying a few .40's, maybe in the future.

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

Dislike

Attachment 12701Attachment 12702Attachment 12703

This is what i finally bought today I get it wedesday final price was 390.00 US for pistol tax and application fee I will be picking up ammo when i pick up the pistol I want to try target loads frist and a box of hollow points anyone got a good brand for ammo for it
    the pistol is a S&W 40
    For any support questions please contact the AC staff team via the Contact form - or via email apacheclips@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Remember Members to rate and comment on vids Thank You
    Apaceclips Staff

8. Likes

jamieooh (08-03-2012)

Dislike

SVE 40? I had a 2005 SVE put blazer, cheap as shit, shit ass ammo through it. Never malfunctioned, or jammed. I also put a few hundred of the remmington UMC through it and never had an issue. They are very reliable weapons, does your have a safety on it? I got rid of mine because it only had the trigger safety, and I didn't care for that.

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

10. Likes

serpa6 (08-04-2012)
    Dislike

i pretty sure it does it has a trigger safety and safety next to slide
    For any support questions please contact the AC staff team via the Contact form - or via email apacheclips@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Remember Members to rate and comment on vids Thank You
    Apaceclips Staff

Dislike

one thing i learned is dont just grab a box of ammo, try different bullet grains. you'll find the pistol will shoot different with different grain bullets. my 9mm with 124gn shoots low from center, 147 shoot high. you may need to find that one round and brand that shoots right.
    i reload and am going to back off the powder a tad with the 124's to see if i cant bring it up a bit.
    (by the way, the lighter the bullet, the more gn's of powder behind it. my 9mm 124's load at 5.3gn of powder, my 90's load out at 6.7 gn's. the larger the bullet weight, the further it seats in the case which leaves less room for powder)
    Last edited by goinloco1; 08-04-2012 at 01:28 AM.

13. Likes

serpa6 (08-04-2012)

Dislike

what a difference a scope makes... you definitely don't want to be on the recieving end of my 45-70 h&r buffalo classic now.
    picked up a used swift 6-18x44mm scope for cheap. used 3 rounds at 50yds to get it close to center, then sighted it in at 100yds. Shot high by about 3" so took it down 10 clicks, still shot high so did another 15 clicks, and it still shot high by an inch. so took it down more and popped a shot... dead center twice. good enough since that hefty of a bullet would knock a deer over anyways, not to mention anything in its path.

Warrant Officer
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog812 View Post
    I looked, but they are all way over my price range. At the moment I am looking for something $400-$500 until I don't have to save up for a car. Thats why I was looking at the S&W 442

Got a call from one of my sporting clays coach and he told me he can get a new Beretta Teknys Gold Target 12 guage semi-auto for $1480 instead of MSRP $2540. So I should have a pretty sweet shotgun in a few months

Gotta say that I love my 870, but having to pump it really gives me a disadvantage with simo targets
    I just got a 442 and love it was only $372 the recoil is quite heavy with +P after 50 rounds i start to lose some skin
    best ammo i can find http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php...uct_list&c=104
    If you come expecting a fair fight, you are unprepared.

16. Likes

jamieooh (08-14-2012)
    Warrant Officer
    Dislike

In the last few months i have added
    S&W 442
    S&W M&P22
    ruger LCP
    ruger 10-22
    And built a 2nd AR15 off of an Aero Precision upper and lower
    If you come expecting a fair fight, you are unprepared.

18. Likes

BrendenF11 (08-14-2012),jamieooh (08-14-2012)

Dislike

I reallly really need to stay out of the store.
    Picked up a S&W 22a (22lr) target pistol. new for 229
    This thing is a blast to shoot, but took about 50 rounds down the tube before it settled in. the thing will shoot better than I ever will. picked up a cheap browning buckmark red dot for it too.
    Had to borrow a pic... really need to get some new pics of my stuff, things keep changing
    Last edited by goinloco1; 08-14-2012 at 02:25 AM.

20. Likes

jamieooh (08-14-2012)
    Corporal
    Dislike

Default A little different

This is a 22 long rifle, single shot, bolt action Anschutz 1407 in an 1807 three-position stock (IIRC it's a 1977). Adjustable in just about every dimension and fly-castrating accurate. The 26" bull barrel gives her about a 12 pound total weight and it has the strangest report when fired, probably again due to the length of the barrel.

22. Likes

BrendenF11 (10-08-2012),jamieooh (10-03-2012)

Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by jnespappa View Post
    This is a 22 long rifle, single shot, bolt action Anschutz 1407 in an 1807 three-position stock (IIRC it's a 1977). Adjustable in just about every dimension and fly-castrating accurate. The 26" bull barrel gives her about a 12 pound total weight and it has the strangest report when fired, probably again due to the length of the barrel.
    I love .22's they are the most versatile weapon you can buy, hell if you're good enough you can bring down a deer with it relatively easily. That looks like a damn nice set up, thanks for the share, and you got me thinking.

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson