Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DuraCoat

Corporal
    Dislike

I got bored so I duracoated 75 AR Mags...new springs, magpul followers and magpul L-plates. They turn out great. On the other hand my wife got kinda pissed at me because I baked them in the kitchen oven....hehe

2. Likes

DevilDog812 (04-27-2012),ErisKillton (04-27-2012)

Dislike

Thanks for bumping the thread Veritas, you got any pics? How to you like the dura bake? Is it easy in the kitchen oven? Is your oven gas or electric? Does it smell up the house?

I Just realized I never posted the final results of my .22 here.

I painted the scope but ended up having to get new scope rings so it looks kinda funny. Do y'all think I should paint the bipod too?

For any support questions please contact the AC staff team via the Contact formor via email apacheclips@gmail.com.

"...he had 2 flesh wombs" -SecretSniper

4. Likes

DevilDog812 (04-27-2012),eaglethebeagle (04-27-2012),jamieooh (04-27-2012),veritas44 (04-27-2012)
    Corporal
    Dislike

Eris

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this but I don't have a clue on how to post pictures or for that matter vids on this site...I should learn.
    Back to the matter at hand...if you forget to turn on the stove fan like I did...yes it will smell up the house a bit. The stove is electric it has to be.

That is a nice 10/22 ...I personally would not coat the bipod. I like the color you chose.

Right now I'm doing 25 more mags...black with a tan stripe at the bottom so I can tell what grain round I have in that particular mag.

I have a Remington LTR that I'm gonna try cerakote on. It is suppose to be far superior to duracoat and comes in some pretty nice colors
    Last edited by veritas44; 04-27-2012 at 12:33 PM.

6. Likes

DevilDog812 (04-27-2012),eaglethebeagle (04-27-2012)
    Sergeant
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by veritas44 View Post
    Eris

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this but I don't have a clue on how to post pictures or for that matter vids on this site...I should learn.
    Back to the matter at hand...if you forget to turn on the stove fan like I did...yes it will smell up the house a bit. The stove is electric it has to be.

That is a nice 10/22 ...I personally would not coat the bipod. I like the color you chose.

Right now I'm doing 25 more mags...black with a tan stripe at the bottom so I can tell what grain round I have in that particular mag.

I have a Remington LTR that I'm gonna try cerakote on. It is suppose to be far superior to duracoat and comes in some pretty nice colors

Veritas, you have two choices. You can upload it as an attachment or post the picture like Eris did. To do that, make an account on imgur, Photobucket, etc. Then upload the picture to that site and it will give you a link that you post here

8. Likes

veritas44 (04-27-2012)