Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Dislike

Default Sep. 30., 2011. - BREAKING NEWS! -- anwar al-awlaki killed in Jemen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awlaki..jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	11684

i saw the news on cnn
    currently i found some words on bbc, more sources later
    stay tuned!

----
    from bbc:

The US-born radical Islamist cleric and suspected al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki has been killed in Yemen, the country's defence ministry has said.

A statement said only that he died "along with some of his companions".
    Mr Awlaki, who is of Yemeni descent, has been on the run in Yemen since December 2007.
    The US has named him a "specially designated global terrorist" for his alleged role in a number of attacks and he is said to be on a CIA hit list.
    He has been implicated in the US army base killings in Fort Hood, Texas, the Christmas 2009 airline bomb attempt, and a failed bombing in New York's Times Square.
    ---
    UPDATE:

as i read, it was a US drone! LOL
    Al-Arabiya television network cited local tribal sources as saying suspected U.S. drone aircraft - which are known to operate in Yemen - fired two missiles Friday at a convoy of vehicles believed to be carrying al-Awlaki and his guards.

more "official" sources here, i dont want to copy-paste all of them here, just read it
    i'm still wainting for Bill Roggio's report (i think it will be the best about it) and also i'm wainting for the jawa's report/comment on it , lol

BBC
    CNN
    FOXNEWS
    USATODAY
    CBS
    Last edited by SgtJim; 09-30-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    my news blog-> daily military, war on terror news-flood

--> visit - subscribe - comment --> HTTP://SGT-JIM.BLOGSPOT.COM <--

http://twitter.com/sgt_jim

"FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DO, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY. FOR THOSE WHO DON’T, NONE IS POSSIBLE."

2. Likes

jamieooh (09-30-2011)

Dislike

just

read it:

[Update 0523 EDT] From Yemen Observer:
    Tribal sources said that Awlaki was killed along with other fighters in an airstrike targeted two cars carrying al-Awlaki and some other al-Qaeda fighters in Shabwah province.
    Responsibility for the airstrike hasn't been reported.

[Update 0600 EDT] According to tribal sources, the airstrike was likely carried out by Americans. It hit two vehicles in Marib Province, an al-Qaeda stronghold in eastern Yemen.

However, Fox News reports that Yemeni government officials are saying they conducted the airstrike, not the U.S.
    my news blog-> daily military, war on terror news-flood

--> visit - subscribe - comment --> HTTP://SGT-JIM.BLOGSPOT.COM <--

http://twitter.com/sgt_jim

"FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DO, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY. FOR THOSE WHO DON’T, NONE IS POSSIBLE."