Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Dislike

Default First F-35 JSF simulator delivered to U.S. Air Force

i wanna try this now!

---

ORLANDO, Fla., 19 April 2011. - The first F-35 Lightning II full mission simulator (FMS) was delivered to Eglin Air Force Base's 33rd Fighter Wing by Lockheed Martin.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	051710_f35_simula&#116.JPG 
Views:	334 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	10482 The simulator uses a high-fidelity 360-degree visual display system and a reconfigurable cockpit that simulates all three aircraft variants for U.S. and international partner services. The system is the highest fidelity trainer in the F-35 pilot-training-device suite, accurately replicating all F-35 sensors and weapons deployment.

Preparation and assembly is underway at the base's F-35 Integrated Training Center (ITC) for training to commence this fall.

"JSF training technology brings a revolutionary new capability to the joint services," says Col. Arthur Tomassetti, 33rd Fighter Wing Vice Commander. "The smooth surface, high-resolution dome is a dramatic improvement over legacy fighter simulators. The high visual acuity and utilization of a significant amount of real aircraft parts and source code will allow us to train a wide variety of mission tasks previously not accomplished in simulators. The F-35 FMS will be our primary pilot training device, and we are anxious to start putting it to good use."

In all F-35 simulators, actual aircraft software is used to give pilots the most realistic experience and allow software upgrades in step with the F-35 development. Small group training events with pilot and maintenance instructors are currently being held at the ITC using maintenance, desktop, and mission trainers.

"This is a tremendous milestone for the F-35 training team," says Joanne Puglisi, director of F-35 Training and Support at Lockheed Martin Global Training and Logistics. "We are committed to providing the next generation of F-35 fighter pilots and maintainers with the most advanced training systems in the world. The FMS is a key component in that capability."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_35_simulator_1..jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	10483

The fully-integrated F-35 pilot-and-maintenance training center at Eglin AFB, Fla., will be home to a full spectrum of the latest courseware, electronic classrooms, simulators, and flight events. A balance of skill and knowledge training is woven into the program with interactive courseware, desktop simulators, and high-fidelity training devices.

my news blog-> daily military, war on terror news-flood

--> visit - subscribe - comment --> HTTP://SGT-JIM.BLOGSPOT.COM <--

http://twitter.com/sgt_jim

"FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DO, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY. FOR THOSE WHO DON’T, NONE IS POSSIBLE."

2. Likes

Scott (05-03-2011)
    Corporal
    Dislike

why did they get rid of the f22?

Corporal
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    why did they get rid of the f22?
    More likey cuz of the cost of the F-22....but they way they been putting it the F-35 aint that cheap either and the gov would just renovate the already other existing fighter jets in service.....so basically who the fuck knows??? lol thats all i got

Private First Class
    Dislike

Default range ressintr

Excellent news, can't wait for the F-35

Warrant Officer
    Dislike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lightning has better electronics and systems. Other than that.... the Lightning can hover and land/take off vertically, something the Raptor can't do.
    Canadian Content Posted Above

Private
    Dislike

Thumbs up

So how many quarters does this thing take?

Corporal
    Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by gutro View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lightning has better electronics and systems. Other than that.... the Lightning can hover and land/take off vertically, something the Raptor can't do.
    but the raptor can fly five feet in front of it and you will never be able to lock on with a missile... or so they say

Corporal
    Dislike

So wait.....They are stopping the F-22 Program? I thought the F-22 and F-35 are ment to work as a team?

Anyway, Isn't the F-35 Mean to replace the Harrier?

Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf808 View Post
    So wait.....They are stopping the F-22 Program? I thought the F-22 and F-35 are ment to work as a team?

Anyway, Isn't the F-35 Mean to replace the Harrier?
    F22 program was stopped because of cost. The F35 is a hugely contraversial fighter because the cost of that fucking engine. The senate subarms committee or however they wanna be called canvelled te program so many times but there are senators and congressmen who have factories built in thier constituant areas that they refuse to let it die.......DOD has stopped it on its own twice after it was approved for funding.
    For any support questions please contact the AC staff team via the Contact formor via email apacheclips.support@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Sergeant
    Dislike

canada cant wait to get there hands on it also