Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.


WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66
  1. #31
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Boston
    Posts
    95
    Like
    169
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    Yes Colin I have. I did not make that up. The mural is in St. Johns, down by the water front on the outskirts of the city! I can understand you taking offense; you feel like your country is being attacked. Try and understand, Canada/Canadians are consistently badmouthing us on the international stage. They never defend us, never take our side publicly and criticize our every policy. I'm feeling a bit offended myself.

  2. #32
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    A single mural in St. John does not amount to us proclaiming Benedict Arnold as a Canadian hero. I have not seen this mural before and have not been to St. Johns but you have to understand that Canada is a much different country than America. The people in St.John do not represent the peoples from other provinces/territories, in fact they also resent us citizens of Ontario. Pretty much all the other provinces resent us actually. You cannot generalize Canadians because we are the most diverse country in the world and i would like to see anyone prove otherwise. Of course we feel offended, your making these sweeping generalizations of all Canadians because you saw a mural of Benedict Arnold and heard a bunch of drunks sing a song about "Yankee Gold" as you put it.

  3. #33
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Richardson AK
    Posts
    313
    Like
    76
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickDonalds View Post
    And pick up my teeth after? Zing!




    God, you Canucks make me laugh with your artificial belief that you'v done so much for A'stan. You took Kandahar province and couldn't hold it down because it's gotten out of control. If anything, your boys failed and failed and failed. But hey, you did get that world sniper distance kill record, am I right?
    Brits broke that record

  4. #34
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
    Thank you for giving your opinion in a civilized manor. However, i do not completely see your point. When you were attacked on 9/11 we did step in to help you. And i have no regrets as far as that is concerned. But why do you feel that you should not help us out if we get into a war? Do you feel that we would start a war for our own national interests? Granted there have been wars that us Canadians refuse to participate in, but only when we believe that it does not make sense for us to do so. We have been the closest of allies for over 100 years, and I do believe it should stay that way.
    I stopped reading your post after "Do you feel that we would start a war for our own national interests?" Afghanistan is an oil rich country which is why we invaded...

    Congratulations, you have watched Zeitgeist and have been brainwashed by a movie that talks about the government brainwashing its citizens and misleading them.

    We have taken the bulk of the casualties for both wars(one of which Canada has participated in). You guys took some casualties as well, but as soon as you do, you quit.

    You can't do the hokey pokey with wars. Either keep your foot in, or keep it out.

  5. #35
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theshoebox View Post
    I stopped reading your post after "Do you feel that we would start a war for our own national interests?" Afghanistan is an oil rich country which is why we invaded...

    Congratulations, you have watched Zeitgeist and have been brainwashed by a movie that talks about the government brainwashing its citizens and misleading them.

    We have taken the bulk of the casualties for both wars(one of which Canada has participated in). You guys took some casualties as well, but as soon as you do, you quit.

    You can't do the hokey pokey with wars. Either keep your foot in, or keep it out.
    Maybe you should have kept reading. You think that Afghanistan was invaded because it is oil rich? or are you trying to saying that that is what i think? either way your way off base.

    Afghanistan was invaded because the Taliban harbored Al-Queda terrorists, not because they have oil. which by the way they have almost zero infrastructure to extract anyway.

    We took sustained casualties for 9 years and your saying that we play "hokey pokey"?

    Zeitgeist? the fuck is that? and who said that the American people are brainwashed?

    try filling someone else's mouth with your bullshit

  6. #36
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    I'll let you do a little bit of research before I embarass you.

  7. #37
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    haha go right ahead. your embarassing no one but yourself

  8. #38
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
    Maybe you should have kept reading. You think that Afghanistan was invaded because it is oil rich? or are you trying to saying that that is what i think? either way your way off base.

    Afghanistan was invaded because the Taliban harbored Al-Queda terrorists, not because they have oil. which by the way they have almost zero infrastructure to extract anyway.

    We took sustained casualties for 9 years and your saying that we play "hokey pokey"?

    Zeitgeist? the fuck is that? and who said that the American people are brainwashed?

    try filling someone else's mouth with your bullshit
    Sarcasm: "harsh or bitter derision or irony"

    The fact that you weren't able to see the obvious irony in me saying that Afghanistan was oil rich shows how
    truly asshurt you are.

    The first Canadian casualties occured in 2002, four soldiers, they were the only casualties in 2002.

    In 2003, two Canadian casualties, again from one incident, the only casualties that year.

    In 2004, one casualty, the only casualty for that year, and same thing for 2005.

    It wasn't until 2006 when Canada began sustaining a significant amount of casualties.

    You guys didn't quit, you were defeated by the Taliban.

    Zeitgeist is one of many conspiracy movies, and one of the most popular.
    Judging by your faceless, and spineless statement that we invaded a country
    for our own national interests(your country leeches off of my country btw,
    so I wouldn't dare attempt to talk about my country's interests when your
    country leeches off "what we benefit from"), I think you are familiar with
    such movies.

  9. Likes

    MickDonalds (08-25-2010)
  10. #39
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default



    Reminds me of somebody.

  11. Likes

    MickDonalds (08-25-2010)
  12. #40
    Private
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Like
    0
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theshoebox View Post

    Reminds me of somebody.
    LOL at saying Canada was defeated by the Taliban, then calling Colin a Troll, pot called the kettle black much?

  13. Likes

    Colin_S (08-25-2010)
  14. #41
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theshoebox View Post
    Sarcasm: "harsh or bitter derision or irony"

    The fact that you weren't able to see the obvious irony in me saying that Afghanistan was oil rich shows how
    truly asshurt you are.

    The first Canadian casualties occured in 2002, four soldiers, they were the only casualties in 2002.

    In 2003, two Canadian casualties, again from one incident, the only casualties that year.

    In 2004, one casualty, the only casualty for that year, and same thing for 2005.

    It wasn't until 2006 when Canada began sustaining a significant amount of casualties.

    You guys didn't quit, you were defeated by the Taliban.

    Zeitgeist is one of many conspiracy movies, and one of the most popular.
    Judging by your faceless, and spineless statement that we invaded a country
    for our own national interests(your country leeches off of my country btw,
    so I wouldn't dare attempt to talk about my country's interests when your
    country leeches off "what we benefit from"), I think you are familiar with
    such movies.
    hahah again man you need to read what i have said. at what point did i say that you invaded a country for your own national interests? Please show me this statement. I clearly stated that Afghanistan was invaded because they harbored Al Queda. As i have eluded to in other comments as well.

    we have lost over 150 in Afghanistan. America has lost approximately 1,100 (probably more because the number is only updated to July).I am not trying to dissmiss the sacrifices American service men have made in Afghanistan but keep in mind that our population is 1/10th the size of yours, and our military is probably less than 1/10th the size of yours so we simply do not have the manpower or military to do the same amount of work that yours can.

    You say that my statement is spineless? which statement was that again? Spineless is trying to put words into someones mouth then bash them for that.

    By the way, trying to be a tough guy on an internet forum is pretty lame dude

  15. #42
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
    Do you feel that we would start a war for our own national interests?
    Funny how I went from being civilized to being a tough guy on the internet forums in your perspective

    Maybe I hit a soft spot with some cold hard facts?

    What is the point of you constantly replying to this topic with spineless
    responses, show me some facts to support your "argument," otherwise
    you truly are a troll.

  16. Likes

    MickDonalds (08-25-2010)
  17. #43
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Like
    1
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Bottom line is this, your arguing with people who supported this fucking war for 9 fucking years, supported america, and supported what ALL our troops were doing. Now your throwing that in the face of some of your biggest international support. You know what I think now? FUCK YOU, fuck afghanistan and fuck your war, have fun for the next 5 years.

  18. #44
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    Also, why is it that everybody, from the Hungarians to the Japanese served
    in Iraq, but Canada was nowhere to be found?

    True allies, right?

  19. #45
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theshoebox View Post


    Reminds me of somebody.
    haha i really got a kick out of that

    But seriously man, how am i trolling? i have made very clear statements and for the most part have stayed very civilized on the subject. Would you sit back and allow your country to be bashed the way that mine is? Helllll no you'd stand up for your country, the same way that i have.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top