Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.


WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66
  1. #16
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    looking at the comments on this thread, im not sure why my country helps at all with the respect were being given

  2. #17
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjkelley View Post
    What a joke! Canada claims 2000 troops is all they can spare! Canada has a population of 30+ Million people, US has 300+ Million. That would be the equivalent of us committing 20,000 troops and claiming that we are stretched thin. The Canadian gov't hates America as much as the Obama administration does! They are always scolding and reprimanding us for one reason or another. The resentment of the US is so profound in Canada that Benedict Arnold murals are painted all over the country claiming him as a Canadian hero. They sing folk songs about Canadian rebels and border raids and stealing Yankee gold. They blame us for them being an inconsequential nation.
    Dude wtf are you talking about?? i have not seen a single mural of Benedict Arnold in the 20 years that i have lived in Canada, Nor have i EVER heard a folk song about "stealing Yankee gold". Have you ever been to Canada???

  3. #18
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    998
    Like
    134
    Dislike
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
    looking at the comments on this thread, im not sure why my country helps at all with the respect were being given
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised your country helps at all too, based upon how they act.

    Any day now I'm waiting for the next round of "quitters" to announce themselves.

  4. #19
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickDonalds View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised your country helps at all too, based upon how they act.

    Any day now I'm waiting for the next round of "quitters" to announce themselves.
    You claim that we Canadians bug every other country in the world about how much "better" we are than everyone else, and yet you sit behind your computer doing just that.

    Do you forget who held down Afghanistan for the years that you were off on a treasure hunt in Iraq?

    We've paid our dues over there, we don't need your condescending bullshit.

  5. #20
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    998
    Like
    134
    Dislike
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
    You claim that we Canadians bug every other country in the world about how much "better" we are than everyone else, and yet you sit behind your computer doing just that.

    Do you forget who held down Afghanistan for the years that you were off on a treasure hunt in Iraq?

    We've paid our dues over there, we don't need your condescending bullshit.
    Oh so you "Held Down Afghanistan"? What with your 3-4,000 troops?

    Hah! Good one! That made me smile, it really did. Keep trying though.

    And look! ANOTHER Canadian dissenting Iraq. Boy oh boy, they must PAY you guys to shit-talk the Iraq War, huh? I mean it's unanimous!

  6. #21
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickDonalds View Post
    Oh so you "Held Down Afghanistan"? What with your 3-4,000 troops?

    Hah! Good one! That made me smile, it really did. Keep trying though.

    And look! ANOTHER Canadian dissenting Iraq. Boy oh boy, they must PAY you guys to shit-talk the Iraq War, huh? I mean it's unanimous!
    I think you should calm yourself man. We didn't go into Iraq because our people pretty much unanimously agreed that it was bullshit. The fact that there were no WMDs found is proof enough for us.

    You shit talk our government yet you do the same to your own. At least ours is capable of representing our people.

    You really need to realize that were on the same side, and that bashing your own allies isn't going to get you any help, or do you think you can go it alone?

  7. #22
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Like
    1
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickDonalds View Post
    Oh so you "Held Down Afghanistan"? What with your 3-4,000 troops?

    Hah! Good one! That made me smile, it really did. Keep trying though.

    And look! ANOTHER Canadian dissenting Iraq. Boy oh boy, they must PAY you guys to shit-talk the Iraq War, huh? I mean it's unanimous!

    This thread really opened my mind to how our brothers in arms think about us, or at least you. Some of the stuff said here is HILARIOUS folk tales about yankee gold LOL. Did any of you even follow Afghanistan 2001- 2008? no? maybe you should do your research when the US said HEY we need someone to take over kandahar province while we forget about this mission, who was the first to raise their hand? it really puts a new light on things for me with appreciation like this. RIP to our fallen, at least Canadians will never forget.

  8. #23
    Private
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Like
    0
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Upsetting to see Mickdonalds talk the way he does, thanks for the respect man.

    "And look! ANOTHER Canadian dissenting Iraq. Boy oh boy, they must PAY you guys to shit-talk the Iraq War, huh? I mean it's unanimous!"

    Do you even hear yourself? Dude, half your own country was against going into Iraq.

    Yes dude, it took 3-4k Canadian troops to hold down Kandahar, while it takes 20k US troops to do the exact same thing.

    I know, not all Americans are as ignorant as Mickdonalds, but this guy takes the cake..

  9. #24
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Richardson AK
    Posts
    313
    Like
    76
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
    I think you should calm yourself man. We didn't go into Iraq because our people pretty much unanimously agreed that it was bullshit. The fact that there were no WMDs found is proof enough for us.

    You shit talk our government yet you do the same to your own. At least ours is capable of representing our people.

    You really need to realize that were on the same side, and that bashing your own allies isn't going to get you any help, or do you think you can go it alone?
    There was gas and other nasties in Iraq, that's a fact. They tracked the shit being trucked over the border to Syria. Look it up if you don't believe me. Hell you can probably find the footage yourself.

  10. #25
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by death2mooj View Post
    There was gas and other nasties in Iraq, that's a fact. They tracked the shit being trucked over the border to Syria. Look it up if you don't believe me. Hell you can probably find the footage yourself.
    That may be true, although i cannot find any concrete proof of it myself. I am also not all that concerned either. Do you believe that Saddam had the capability to use chemical weapons on the West anyway? of course not, it was more a danger if he had given those weapons to terrorist groups or used them to slaughter Kurds. Fact is that he has had those weapons for decades and never used them on us, and neither have any terrorist organizations. Now if we had found a nuclear bomb or something to that nature in Iraq i would have to say that it was necessary to invade, but i never believed that they did and they never found one.

    I think we need to get back to the main point of this thread however. It was about NATO asking Canada for more troops to deploy to Afghanistan, not the ethics of invading Iraq.

  11. #26
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101
    Like
    16
    Dislike
    1

    Default

    This thread is going to hell, fast.

    Canadian soldiers have fought hard, and they have lost a lot of men.

    I understand what a lot of you guys are talking about and I think a lot of it
    is true, but stay humble. If Canada ever gets into a war(doubt it, pacifist comment
    by eagle noted)we won't get into it, simple.

    Ultimately, we were the ones that were attacked, and as long as our people
    still have the hunger to keep killing these shit bags that continue to attack us
    while we make Afghanistan stable, than we should support OUR troops.

    Thank you for your service Canada, but we won't get on our knees and beg.

  12. #27
    Private
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Like
    0
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    You're the worlds last hope Mick. For the handicapable. The Brits left you, The Dutch, The Canadians. The biggest allies. You guys seem to want it that way. You've been committed till 2015 so have fun. When you defeat the taliban, which you won't and still have fight left in you, come to anywhere Canada and fish. Relax. Then say what you say. And pick up your fuckin teeth after.

  13. #28
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    998
    Like
    134
    Dislike
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chanceboodro View Post
    You're the worlds last hope Mick. For the handicapable. The Brits left you, The Dutch, The Canadians. The biggest allies. You guys seem to want it that way. You've been committed till 2015 so have fun. When you defeat the taliban, which you won't and still have fight left in you, come to anywhere Canada and fish. Relax. Then say what you say. And pick up your fuckin teeth after.
    And pick up my teeth after? Zing!

    Yes dude, it took 3-4k Canadian troops to hold down Kandahar, while it takes 20k US troops to do the exact same thing.

    God, you Canucks make me laugh with your artificial belief that you'v done so much for A'stan. You took Kandahar province and couldn't hold it down because it's gotten out of control. If anything, your boys failed and failed and failed. But hey, you did get that world sniper distance kill record, am I right?

  14. #29
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theshoebox View Post
    This thread is going to hell, fast.

    Canadian soldiers have fought hard, and they have lost a lot of men.

    I understand what a lot of you guys are talking about and I think a lot of it
    is true, but stay humble. If Canada ever gets into a war(doubt it, pacifist comment
    by eagle noted)we won't get into it, simple.

    Ultimately, we were the ones that were attacked, and as long as our people
    still have the hunger to keep killing these shit bags that continue to attack us
    while we make Afghanistan stable, than we should support OUR troops.

    Thank you for your service Canada, but we won't get on our knees and beg.
    Thank you for giving your opinion in a civilized manor. However, i do not completely see your point. When you were attacked on 9/11 we did step in to help you. And i have no regrets as far as that is concerned. But why do you feel that you should not help us out if we get into a war? Do you feel that we would start a war for our own national interests? Granted there have been wars that us Canadians refuse to participate in, but only when we believe that it does not make sense for us to do so. We have been the closest of allies for over 100 years, and I do believe it should stay that way.

  15. #30
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Like
    2
    Dislike
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickDonalds View Post
    And pick up my teeth after? Zing!




    God, you Canucks make me laugh with your artificial belief that you'v done so much for A'stan. You took Kandahar province and couldn't hold it down because it's gotten out of control. If anything, your boys failed and failed and failed. But hey, you did get that world sniper distance kill record, am I right?
    So we've "failed failed and failed" in Afghanistan? If that is the case what do you say about your own record in Afghanistan? By that standard the American army has failed just as miserably to stabilize Afghanistan.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top