Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Best Gun Camera footage (WW2) I Made This From Hours of Footage. Hopefully it's Feature Worthy

Rating: 5.00 - Votes: 6 - Views: 4433
Added by: LetsTripOutAndDie, 10-07-2014
Back | Next

Description
At 49 -56 seconds two planes are strafing a train when the lead planes shots didn't immediately detonate the train cars of explosives until a second or two later and from the rear pilots gun cam you see the explosion almost directly under the lead plane but he flies straight thru un hurt luckily. At 2 min 4 seconds to 2 min 9 seconds this time the lead plane isn't as lucky. Again two planes are strafing a train at tree top level and after the lead plane starts banking left after his strafing run and then starts traveling parallel to the train no higher then the train and only 20ft or less away when at the same time the rear plane Starts strafing the train and it suddenly explodes and shatters and implodes the lead plane to dust almost. You can also see this a little better at 1:26 to 1:33 or so earlier in the video. I made this from hours of WWII gun camera footage And AC lost or deleted it during the last site update and I just found it again where someone saw it here on AC and posted it to youtube but they added all these watermarks on it and added music I personally wouldn't of added.

Please Login or Register to rate and comment Media

Back | Next | 1 | 2 |

01-28-2015, 09:46 AM #88245
LetsTripOutAndDie    
LetsTripOutAndDie
First Lieutenant

On the tracers I'll post a couple vids, one about what ground fire from the enemy using tracers looks like, and another vid of what a planes own tracers look like when they bounce back and go everywhere if them hit metal to thick to penetrate or hit it at a glancing blow, and a vid of an aircraft with machine gun barrels burnt out from firing the whole nine yards ( the length of each .50 cal ammo belt laid flat on the ground measures nine yards long) of .50 caliber rounds with out releasing the trigger. Just doing that once can damage the barrels and if they do it often they will burn out and those barrels and the rounds will just go everywhere except where they're aiming.

1. Likes

01-28-2015, 03:41 AM #88237
LetsTripOutAndDie    
LetsTripOutAndDie
First Lieutenant

Yeah I know but a lot of people and myself just use it as a catch all that means anything being fired at an aircraft just like the military still uses the term Flak that's short for Flugzeugabwehrkanone a type of German AA shell which in our vernacular now means any type of triple A.

1. Likes

01-28-2015, 01:29 AM #88235

Warmachine
Corporal

Triple A stand for anti-aircraft artilliery and all you see from it is black puffs when rounds explode.... no tracer. Could be tracers from other planes attacking at the same time from different angles.

1. Likes

01-27-2015, 03:01 PM #88227
LetsTripOutAndDie    
LetsTripOutAndDie
First Lieutenant

At 2:22 to 2:26 you see tracers everywhere in the sky while a fighter plane is strafing barges in a canal and a lot of old WWII footage shows this, although this footage was very short. Only two things make tracer rounds appear everywhere in the sky, either the plane is being fired at by triple A or the pilot has burnt out the barrels of some or all of his guns making aiming impossible causing his bullets to go everywhere unpredictably.

1. Likes

10-10-2014, 03:55 PM #86951
Rhntz    
Rhntz

Rayjen02 I was just referencing the time between 2:04-2:09 that shows the tracers on the left and right of the camera possibly thinking the plane firing had wing mounted guns and of the three choices thought maybe it was that one. I will look at it again tonight let's. At one point I paused it and could of sworn I caught glimpse of a plane at the top right corner but could not pause it and catch it again

1. Likes

10-10-2014, 10:39 AM #86949
rayjen02    
rayjen02
Sergeant

The 385th Squadron switched to P-51s in the summer of 1944. They had 6 .50 M2 wing mounted guns. Matches up with most of the title frames.

I cant even see a plane from 2:04 to 2:09. The lack of tracers fits with the load outs for 365SQ. They chose to use no tracers due to a lower chance of dogfights, to have 20% more penetrating rounds. I guess that makes sense to me, just watch the impacts.

1. Likes

10-10-2014, 10:14 AM #86948
rayjen02    
rayjen02
Sergeant

I cant find any info on the 304th F.G. I found the Bomber Group, Troop Transport Group.

1. Likes

10-10-2014, 05:18 AM #86946
LetsTripOutAndDie    
LetsTripOutAndDie
First Lieutenant

Rhntz - I slo-moed it as best as I could and the bullets are hitting in a square pattern and there are no tracers. coming from the left or the right side of the gun camera(I'll get back to that in a minute)so it is a plane that has all it's guns in one place like the nose or the sides of the nose but not from wing guns. Like I said when I watched it again right before the footage that destroys the lead plane it shows a P-47 firing and tracers can be seen coming from both sides of the camera view left and right whereas the next clip showing the plane before during and after getting destroyed all of the rear planes bullets hit in a square of 10-15ft wide and high and then boom no more plane. So I actual think it was a Mosquito or P-38. But then I remembered every plane not equipped with nosed firing guns would dial in their 8 guns(if a p-47) to all come together at a certain point somewhere out in space in front of him and cross other pilots liked their bullets to never cross they just wanted their bullets to shoot straight without ever crossing and others liked having a certain distance where all their guns meet . So this is becoming like the Loch Ness monster as soon as you think you've got proof it's not right and it starts over again about what's. The answer. In conclusion the plane destroyed was a twin engine P-38, Mosquito, Beaufighter, or a dialed in P-47. I love a good mystery or problem because it keeps your mind sharp. Let me know what you think about my theory of it being German or a dialed in P-47, Typhoon, Spitfire, or P-51 Mustang

1. Likes

10-10-2014, 03:21 AM #86945
LetsTripOutAndDie    
LetsTripOutAndDie
First Lieutenant

Rhntz - So you think it's a Beaufighter. I knew it had to be a twin engine allied plane and after the process of elimination the Beaufighter was most likely it but I still wonder if it was a German me-110 or 210 if so that would be one hell of a way to destroy a plane in mid air. And actually it's ground fire or explosions that killed huge numbers of planes just like the Red Barren who no air ace could do what a lone rifle man in a trench could do, kill the ace of aces and he shot at him out of boredom.

1. Likes

10-10-2014, 12:18 AM #86944
Rhntz    
Rhntz

@2:04-2:05 the tracers are coming from the left and right of the camera which would indicate the wings, the p38 and the mosquito's guns are in the nose.The Beaufighter has 6 7.7 browning machine guns mounted in the wings.Since this is ww2 I would bet that that both planes are the same considering the wing man thing,but i could be wrong

1. Likes

LetsTripOutAndDie (10-10-2014)
Back | Next | 1 | 2 |

Keywords

Rss Feeds Video Search

Related Media
OSS Weapons Film – Caccolube - Gritty Material That Ruins Insides Of Internal Combustion Engines Through Oil Intake
Views: 1473
OSS Training Film – How To Do Train Derailment Correctly
Views: 851
Freely downloadable at the Internet Archive, where I first uploaded it. United States Naval Photographic Center film # 5131. National Archives description "A to A Attacking Japanese single-engine fighter.A to A LS Japanese single-engine fighter flying over water.A to A Japanese plane doing aerobatics in flight.A to A Shooting at Japanese float plane which is attempting aerobatics to escape attack; float plane is peppered by tracers (very good).AV Strafing Japanese tanker.AV Strafing Japanese warship.CHICHI JIMAAV SA Japanese cargo ships tied up near cliff.AV Bomb explosions near ships, which are anchored in cove (shot from rear seat).AV Strafing cargo ship in small cove.AV Strafing runs on Japanese DD underway at high speed (SV).AV Vertical strafing attack on Japanese DD.GUAMAV Strafing runs on grounded Japanese cargo ship.AV Strafing island installations; bomb explosions.AV Bomb explosions on small island (SV).A to A Combat in the air between Japanese and American plane (SV).A to A Japanese plane explodes and burns.AV Strafing runs on installations (SV).AV Strafing Japanese cargo vessel.A to A Firing tracers at Japanese plane; Japanese plane starts trailing smoke.RAIDS ON PALAUAV Strafing Japanese airstrips and runways.AV Strafing parked Japanese twin-engined bombers on airstrip.AV Firing at Japanese plane, which is flying at low altitude.A to A Firing at Japanese single-engine plane; Japanese plane is returning fire as it starts burning.AV High altitude attacks on Japanese plane which attempts aerobatics to elude attack; explosion.AV Strafing Japanese cruiser.AV Strafing runs on Japanese seaplane base.AIRFIELDS, INSTALLATIONS, & VEHICLES STRAFEDAV Strafing vehicles on paved road.AV From back seat: Bomb explosions on paved runway.AV Strafing installations and barracks (SV).AV Strafing vehicles on the roads.QUALITY: FAIR TO GOOD" National Archives Identifier: 7736
Views: 1062
OSS Weapons Film – The Mole - Light sensitive device that senses change in light from bright to dark so when train enters a tunnel it detonates explosives.
Views: 923