Register

APACHE CLIPS IS A NOT FOR PROFIT SITE DEDICATED TO OUR ARMED FORCES.

ALL PROFITS GENERATED WILL BE DONATED TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT OR THE SEMPER FI FUND.

WELCOME GUEST, BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FEATURES WE HAVE TO OFFER!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FAQ SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Reactive armor

Rating: 5.00 - Votes: 5 - Views: 2288
Added by: Mel, 01-20-2013
Back | Next

Description
Arena active protection armor in slow motion.

Please Login or Register to rate and comment Media

Back | Next | 1 | 2 |

06-27-2013, 01:28 AM #76453
ChapaWolf    
ChapaWolf
First Lieutenant

I think what LetsTripOutAndDie's talking about is propaganda . I saw about a thousand (russian) videos on you tube where helicopters are shooting all sorts of weapons but no footage of hits and if there were hits in the video the helicopter would be seen firing, then seemingly a different place and different day was shown where the certain weapon blew up. All countries are guilty of this like the USA and the satellite blaster missile deal. Nice video Mel always nice to see the tests.

1. Likes

01-25-2013, 07:43 AM #69264

MaxPower
Corporal

A hardkill system... nothing more... nothing less

1. Likes

01-24-2013, 05:53 AM #69205
MadeInRu    
MadeInRu

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTripOutAndDie View Post
LOL give me a second while my butthurt stops but first the title of video says reactive armour so thats why I called it such. Secondly I was saying there are so many variables that the system must survive to be excepted to function in the way it's intended that these little tests for tv shows are pointless like you guys were saying imagine if they destroyed the protective armour system just for a tv shows ratings. Just do the testing and let the first person to see it in action also be the last if you catch my drift lol. About the laboratory settings, I meantioned that to show how some countries make a staged event for other countries to think they have something they don't, or to a lesser degreethat they actually do have something but it's cost would prohibit it from large scale use. Like China, Iran, or Russia of course which all have done these to misguide others.
You're butthurt because think that they try to prove that this system is 100% fail-safe. It's not and no one expects it to be. Its an additional layer of defense on top of other things.
Some countries make staged event? Well, and how do they test it in US, Netherlands or Spain for example? Do they build something, send it to war and wait and see what's going to happen? What kind of bullcrap are you saying?
All military equipment is being tested this way all over the world.

Whole NATO block does exactly what Russia or China does - They need to sell weapons.

1. Likes

01-24-2013, 02:35 AM #69196

IpoopThere4IAM
Private

That is astounding. It should be hard enough to just track the incoming projectile, but to eject & detonate a directional charge to destroy it? Incredible. Nice Upload.

1. Likes

01-22-2013, 05:56 AM #69135
LetsTripOutAndDie    
LetsTripOutAndDie
First Lieutenant

LOL give me a second while my butthurt stops but first the title of video says reactive armour so thats why I called it such. Secondly I was saying there are so many variables that the system must survive to be excepted to function in the way it's intended that these little tests for tv shows are pointless like you guys were saying imagine if they destroyed the protective armour system just for a tv shows ratings. Just do the testing and let the first person to see it in action also be the last if you catch my drift lol. About the laboratory settings, I meantioned that to show how some countries make a staged event for other countries to think they have something they don't, or to a lesser degreethat they actually do have something but it's cost would prohibit it from large scale use. Like China, Iran, or Russia of course which all have done these to misguide others.

1. Likes

01-21-2013, 09:04 PM #69126
serpa6    
serpa6

And that is why we have javelin top attack. What do you have to say to that Commie (MIR)

LOL JK MIR is my favorite RED

1. Likes

01-21-2013, 07:38 PM #69122
Clodius    
Clodius
Warrant Officer

Russkies have some awesome gear.

1. Likes

01-21-2013, 10:31 AM #69106
MadeInRu    
MadeInRu

Well, it was developed in the 80s, now there is a better version. It costs about 300k a piece so yeah, breaking it on tests is rather expensive.

@ LetsTripAndDie
Since you were so butthurt , here is a link of it being used on the moving tank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ9JPTVDFeg

1. Likes

01-21-2013, 07:52 AM #69101
gutro    
gutro
Warrant Officer

I've heard of this before, and to be honest, I don't think it was the Russians that are the first to develop it (I could be wrong though). US tests their systems in the same conditions... Why risk ruining a perfectly good tank and the system you're building if the test fails? At least this way, if it fails, you can examine why it failed and try to correct the system rather than losing the whole project.
Example being F-35.... it's not in theater yet, but all the testing started in a lab on the ground. then they moved to flight tests, and so on... baby steps boys... baby steps.

1. Likes

01-21-2013, 03:38 AM #69098
MadeInRu    
MadeInRu

It's not a reactive armor, it's a defense system called "Arena". They explained why they've put that pice of steel there, it was to protect the system as it's still in development phase and expensive. And damaging it while for a simple TV show is rather not wise.

1. Likes

Back | Next | 1 | 2 |

Keywords

Rss Feeds Video Search

Related Media
Arena active protection armor in slow motion.
Views: 2289
F-5 in action Switzerland These guys are nuts
Views: 1812
Kurds blowing up isis suicide bombers!!!
Views: 3800
ahrar-al-sham blow up assad loyalists car
Views: 3113
Lieutenant Bushmin Anton A. (m/u 65384), intentionally, without thinking about the consequences, he ordered an engineering platoon to setup training mines, that did not meet the conditions of this training. When the consequences of the explosion of imitation mines, the driver Stukanov Denis S. injured, underwent surgery, now the guy is alive and Ok. The lieutenant was convicted two years in prison.
Views: 1287