08-06-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/us/05prop.html?_r=1&ref=us

+1 for freedom.

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/gaymarriage.gif

MickDonalds
08-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Who cares?

Not many here.

Honestly. It's not a big deal. It's not like we didn't already know the People's Republik of Kalifornia were going to strike it down anyways. Next, they'll ask to legalize beastiality lmao

Toki
08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't see a problem with same sex marriage. People act like it's this holy and blessed thing that links two people together. With over a 50% divorce rate in today's society, marriage is far from what it has been made out to be.

MickDonalds
08-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't see a problem with same sex marriage. People act like it's this holy and blessed thing that links two people together. With over a 50% divorce rate in today's society, marriage is far from what it has been made out to be.

Same here. It's not a big deal. Really.

gazzthompson posted this trivial news here hoping to ignite a flame war so he can proclaim his "Euro (no offense Stark) Progressive Supremacy" bullshit.

Perhaps gazz should visit stormfront or godhatesfags.com if he wants a fight.

death2mooj
08-06-2010, 08:57 PM
The problem all the churches have with it is that marriage came from religion. Personally I don't give a shit but if I ever get invited to a wedding and it turns out to be two men kissing and exchanging rings I'm going to hit somebody square in the face.

theshoebox
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I absolutely agree with Tokenvi and Mick, everything you guys said hit it on spot IMO.

@death2mooj

Continuing with what Tokenvi said, marriages rarely take place in churches nowadays.

Ultimately it boils down to the individual, either you're okay with it, or you're not, everybody
has their own reasons. I never was okay with it, and when I lived in California I voted against
same-sex marriage, but I've grown to be okay with it. It all depends on the
individual.

death2mooj
08-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I know marriages arent always in churches but marriage itself came from religion. And to religious people having two of the same sex marry is an insult to them because in their eyes the act of marriage is religious regardless if its through the state or not.

gutro
08-07-2010, 07:15 PM
And to religious people having two of the same sex marry is an insult to them because in their eyes the act of marriage is religious regardless if its through the state or not.
So is the church going to start a holy war against California? LOL
I live in Toronto, Ontario. It's known for being pro gay. I personally don't give a shit. Marriage isn't religious anymore. It's all about tax breaks and rights.

On a side note, If they didn't allow gay Marriage, what the hell would happen to San Fransisco? LOL

gazzthompson
08-07-2010, 07:21 PM
but marriage itself came from religion.

marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history, so there is no chance of knowing that.

death2mooj
08-07-2010, 08:25 PM
So is the church going to start a holy war against California? LOL
I live in Toronto, Ontario. It's known for being pro gay. I personally don't give a shit. Marriage isn't religious anymore. It's all about tax breaks and rights.

On a side note, If they didn't allow gay Marriage, what the hell would happen to San Fransisco? LOL

Quit trying to explain to me that you dont see it as religious, I KNOW THAT. I simply stated why the church is against it.