PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone live near Walter Reid?

Humbled Infidel
12-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Does anyone here volunteer or work at Walter Reid Medical Center in D.C.?

Are any of you close enough to drive to Walter Reid?

Why?

I have a friend from Britain who is now there with her son. He is in very bad condition. She has not wanted him to be in this war and for the last many months I've had to keep reminding her that HE WANTED TO BE IN THIS WAR AND HE FOUND IT AN HONORABLE service.

Anyway I have people lined up to help with mom, but I was wondering if any of you would like to visit and encourage the son. If so, let me know and I'll get you the personal info privately.

Thanks,
Humble

:USA:

Stark
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Does anyone here volunteer or work at Walter Reid Medical Center in D.C.?

Are any of you close enough to drive to Walter Reid?

Why?

I have a friend from Britain who is now there with her son. He is in very bad condition. She has not wanted him to be in this war and for the last many months I've had to keep reminding her that HE WANTED TO BE IN THIS WAR AND HE FOUND IT AN HONORABLE service.

Anyway I have people lined up to help with mom, but I was wondering if any of you would like to visit and encourage the son. If so, let me know and I'll get you the personal info privately.

Thanks,
Humble

:USA:

What happend Humble?

Humbled Infidel
12-03-2008, 02:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/FPCougar.jpg/250px-FPCougar.jpg (http://saluret.stumbleupon.com/review/27948199/)

He was seriously wounded when he was traveling in this MRAP armed vehicle, when they hit an IED on the 28th of November In Afghanistan.
He was taken to military medical hospital in Germany to be stabilized then
moved to Walter Reid in D.C. he arrived there yesterday.

He is now at this moment out of surgery...we still don't know the outcome yet. As soon as I do, I'll pass on the info. He will be under heavy sedation for some days.

Humbled Infidel
12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
What happend Humble?

I forgot to click reply...so I'm doing that now.

Stark
12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
sounds bad, let me know if we can do something, I'm always up for anything to help these guys.

Cruelbreed
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Please put me on the list to help out however I can. I'm no where near DC anymore as i'm studying in Miami florida. If I can somehow pitch in for something, or help out in some way then let me know.

Humbled Infidel
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
The latest update.

Sgt Silas Alexander-Nowlin is now in intensive care - as are the men that were with him.

Sgt. Silas' mom will be moving to Malogne House tomorrow. She's really razzed so information is kinda sketchy right now.

I'm not sure if the other guys have family here with them or not. Funds could come in handy but I'll let you know if that comes up.

I have some friends who are in the D.C. area and volunteer a lot at Walter Reid, plus some Freepers are also now on board. I told my friend Gunn Nut (in D.C.) to let me know of anything she and her crew needs to help these guys and their families out.

I'll keep you all updated. Thanks so much for offering to help!!! You truly have wonderful hearts!

I'm getting ready to get offline in about an 1 1/2 hour. I'm having a care-package party here....they get wild. I'll be back on later tonight when everyone leaves.