PDA

View Full Version : Ground zero mosque

CrookedSmirk
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
As many of you know, there are plans to build a Mosque (no, you're not hallucinating) a MOSQUE, near ground zero in NYC. I'm directly open to the integration of other cultures/races into the American melting pot, but I am 100% opposed to a mosque near ground zero. The very idea of it makes me sick to the core.

Apparently the mosque will be the center of a community for "moderate Muslim voices" named the Cordobra Initiative.

The reason I am opposed to this isn't only because the 9/11 attacks were caused by radical Islam, it's also because Muslims want to force their religion upon other countries while allowing no tolerance for others in mostly muslim lands. Do you think if the situation was reversed and there was a plan to build a Synagogue or a Christian church in a primarily Muslim country, they would support it? Of course not.

I'm an atheist and normally don't care, but Islam seems to me to be more of a cult than a religion. No offense to any Muslims who may be reading this, of course. I'm just venting steam.

Anyway, what are the opinions of my AC brethren on the matter?

Blazuhhh
08-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Just read that the plans for building the mosque got the go-ahead.

Really wants to hear MickDonalds opinion on this one.

*remembers something about bending for the taliban???*