PDA

View Full Version : Facebook troll Jessica Cook pleads guilty to defacing a tribute page to Justine Jones

Stark
08-02-2010, 10:31 AM
A MAGISTRATE has warned online trolls the "heavy hand of the law will come down on you'' if disturbing material is posted on social networking sites.

Jessica Chantelle Cook, 22, pleaded guilty in the Gympie Magistrates Court today to one count of using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence.

The Gympie shop assistant was charged by police in July after she posted hateful comments and crude photographs on a Facebook tribute page set up in the memory of slain Sunshine Coast woman Justine Jones.

Ms Jones, 22, from Alexandra Headland, was murdered last month and her body was found dumped at the Nambour rubbish tip.

Magistrate Maxine Baldwin described Ms Cook's actions as "appalling, incomprehensible and absolutely sickening.''

She posted offensive pictures including a headless corpse and a vagina on to Ms Jones's Facebook tribute page.

The court heard Ms Cook created a fake profile and disguised herself by going online under the name Wendy Woods.

Prosecutor Jason Todman told the court Ms Cook was one of the site's administrators and posted "disturbing material" on the memorial page.

He said Ms Cook boasted online that her actions had gained media attention.

Prosecutor Todman told the court Ms Cook wrote: "I got a story in the local paper today, all my hard work has paid off.''

Ms Cook's lawyer, Michael Connolly from Connolly Dore Lawyers, said his client was picked on as a child and suffered mental health problems.

He said she used the internet "as a way of venting her frustrations.''

Mr Connolly would not confirm whether his client knew Ms Jones.

Magistrate Baldwin told the court she could not "even begin to put myself in the shoes of those families'' hurt by Ms Cook's actions.

She described it as a "sick sense of fun''.

Ms Cook fought back tears as she was given a three-month suspended sentence.

If she reoffends she will have to forfeit $3000.

She was released on a three-year good behaviour bond, two years probation and was banned from using social networking sites including Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.

Scott
08-02-2010, 12:34 PM
what a sick bitch.

theshoebox
08-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Fucking dumb fat cunt

Toki
08-02-2010, 04:00 PM
She looks like an uglier version of Rosie O'Donald.

serpa6
08-02-2010, 11:40 PM

now if we could only hang the trolls but dreams dont come true and i like that tok lmao

Sarge
08-03-2010, 12:38 AM
It's a shame the govt. won't let us use the fat ugly cow for target practice with a javelin rocket.

ErisKillton
08-03-2010, 04:04 AM
If I was that fat and ugly id fight my battles from behind a computer too. What a stupid cunt face bitch.

gutro
08-04-2010, 12:05 PM

I didn't think that was possible..... apparently it is. Ugh I just got a chill...... I think I need to go wash my eyes with some bleach!