PDA

View Full Version : Soldier accused of leaks arrives at U.S. brig

bobdina
08-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Soldier accused of leaks arrives at U.S. brig

The Associated Press
Posted : Sunday Aug 1, 2010 10:40:55 EDT

WASHINGTON — The Army says a soldier charged with leaking U.S. war secrets to the Wikileaks website would be tried at a military installation in the Washington area if a general court-martial is ordered.

A spokesman for the Military District of Washington says Pfc. Bradley Manning was being processed Friday into the brig at the Quantico Marine Corps Base in northern Virginia after arriving overnight from pretrial confinement in Kuwait.

The 22-year-old intelligence analyst is charged with leaking more than 50 diplomatic cables, plus classified helicopter cockpit video of a 2007 firefight in Baghdad that left a Reuters photographer and his driver dead.

Manning also is suspected of leaking tens of thousands of secret Afghanistan war logs that Wikileaks recently posted on the Internet.

Reactor-Axe-Man
08-03-2010, 12:17 AM
This shitbird needs to be punished to the maximum extent of military law.

But somehow, I think the worst punishment will be knowing that he is burning while the guy he gave it to gets off scot-free. That he is a punk-ass bitch and a chump.

death2mooj
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
He should be executed, along with the others that helped him. It is treason plain and simple. Think of the Afghans who helped the US that have now had their names put out there for all to see. Them and their families are now at risk, now in the future it's going to be harder to get them to cooperate with US forces which will turn into more US blood being spilled.

Hang that fuck

Stark
08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't understand the motive behind this, In the Abu Graib incident the motive was that the privat who leaked the information to press with pictures was that he thought prisoners were treated inhumane and that he thought this isn't right and just and he did not want to become part of it - Which I personal think was very courageous and I fully agree with him.

The wikileak documents just highlights what we all know, the afghanistan war is more of a headache than we thought it would be, people are dying Task for "what ever" hunts down taliban and occasionally kills them (I love how the media played it like they were doing something unjust - its war for god sake they went out to kill combatant).

So what was the guys motivation to leak these highly classified documents?
I think perhaps he wanted to show of a little, do the Born Identity thing.

Toki
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't understand the motive behind this, In the Abu Graib incident the motive was that the privat who leaked the information to press with pictures was that he thought prisoners were treated inhumane and that he thought this isn't right and just and he did not want to become part of it - Which I personal think was very courageous and I fully agree with him.

The wikileak documents just highlights what we all know, the afghanistan war is more of a headache than we thought it would be, people are dying Task for "what ever" hunts down taliban and occasionally kills them (I love how the media played it like they were doing something unjust - its war for god sake they went out to kill combatant).

So what was the guys motivation to leak these highly classified documents?
I think perhaps he wanted to show of a little, do the Born Identity thing.

From what I remember reading (when he was first arrested) was he wanted to expose the US's foriegn policy.

Reactor-Axe-Man
08-08-2010, 09:06 PM
He's a closeted homosexual and wanted to get back at the Army for DADT, according to some things he said in online chats and forums. Dunno if I buy that completely. I get the feeling he was always a screwloose progressive dipshit and specifically enlisted and went for an Intel MOS in order to create an opportunity to embarrass the US and the Army.