PDA

View Full Version : Taliban say thank you to Holland

ianstone
07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Taliban congratulates Netherlands for pulling soldiers out of Afghanistan

The Taliban has congratulated the Netherlands for plans to pull its soldiers out of Afghanistan this weekend.

By Bruno Waterfield
Published: 1:28PM BST 29 Jul 2010

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01687/dutch_1687497c.jpg Twenty-four Dutch soldiers were killed and 140 injured over the last four years Photo: AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Almost 2,000 Dutch troops have been deployed in the Uruzgan region, where the Taliban is active and opium production is high.

The final contingent of 250 Dutch soldiers will be withdrawn on Sunday, after strong domestic opposition to participation in the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force.

Related Articles

Wikileaks Afghanistan: Pentagon says informants’ lives at risk (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7915426/Wikileaks-Afghanistan-Pentagon-says-informants-lives-at-risk.html)
Rogue Afghan soldier shoots dead two US weapons trainers (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/7900826/Rogue-Afghan-soldier-shoots-dead-two-US-weapons-trainers.html)
It's poppycock to grow crops here but destroy them in Afghanistan (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/borisjohnson/5814860/Its-poppycock-to-grow-crops-here-but-destroy-them-in-Afghanistan.html)
The Government should fund our troops in Afghanistan properly, or pull them out (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/5811422/The-Government-should-fund-our-troops-in-Afghanistan-properly-or-pull-them-out.html)
Afghanistan is a war the world can't afford to walk away from (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/5804997/Afghanistan-is-a-war-the-world-cant-afford-to-walk-away-from.html)
Nick Clegg right on Afghanistan, says defence group (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/5788558/Nick-Clegg-right-on-Afghanistan-says-defence-group.html)

Qari Yusuf Ahmadii, a Taliban spokesman, told the Volksrant newspaper that he looked forward to other countries following the "brave" Dutch example.
"We would like to offer the citizens and government of the Netherlands our heartfelt congratulations for having the courage to take this decision independently," he said.
"We hope other countries with soldiers stationed in Afghanistan (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/) will follow the Dutch example and withdraw their troops."
The government collapsed in February after Labour, a coalition member, refused to support a Nato request to extend the Dutch presence until August 2011.
"Labour has made one of the most important decisions for the Dutch government and citizens," said the Taliban spokesman.
Twenty-four Dutch soldiers were killed and 140 injured over the last four years. American and Australian troops will take over the Dutch military role on August 1.
General Peter van Uhm, the commander in chief of the Dutch military, praised his troops for "tangible results that the Netherlands can be proud of".
But rank-and-file soldiers are angry over the retreat, according to Jan Kleian, president of the Dutch military trade union.
"They are not happy to leave. They want to finish what they started. The mission is not completed," he

DefensorFortis
07-29-2010, 05:17 PM
I can understand the Dutch soldiers' anger. They are professional soldiers to the core and they want to know that their sacrifices and efforts were not in vain.

MickDonalds
07-30-2010, 01:48 AM
HAH!!!

I'm gonna remember this one!

I can talk all kinds of shit now about the Dutch and their government, because they just SURRENDERED to the Taliban's objectives. PUSSIES.

ianstone
07-30-2010, 04:03 AM
You called Mick. Well done Buddy

Scott
07-30-2010, 06:50 AM
wow, courage soldiers but what a bunch of pussies the goverment is..... the soldiers even said they want to stay ffs and finish the job...........i really fucking hate it when politics bullshit always takes over and ruins it, i wish the good old days would come back, 1 man who has the final say on everything..... or maybe 2, the king and commander!

ianstone
07-30-2010, 07:06 AM
It is a sad fact of history, that the politicians talk away from public view in back rooms and do deals
The Dutch soldiers want to finish the job as do the Brits.
Soldiers pay in blood and live with the painful memories of conflicts.
The back room civil servant listen and make a deal,
and will more than likely get a knighthood and a seat in the house of lords and a huge pension.
They have to tread with care as the new breed of soldier,
will not take any crap about aftercare and pensions

DefensorFortis
07-30-2010, 08:01 AM
This is one of those situations where government shouldn't listen to what the public is bitching about because the public has absolutely no idea what the situation involves and what the consequences are of a forced retreat.

But who I am kidding, governments will give into public pressure anyway.

MickDonalds
07-30-2010, 08:41 AM
This is one of those situations where government shouldn't listen to what the public is bitching about because the public has absolutely no idea what the situation involves and what the consequences are of a forced retreat.

But who I am kidding, governments will give into public pressure anyway.

Eurotrash governments like Spain, Netherlands and Belgium will give in because they're propped up by a diminishing culture that is rapidly changing into a demographic of North African muslim immigrants.

MickDonalds
07-30-2010, 08:51 AM
btw: I'd like to call in a prediction.

I think the next Eurotrash nation to "tuck tail and run" will be one of these three nations:

Spain
Belgium
Denmark

I could be wrong though. If casualty rates continue like they do, more and more will surrender just like the Dutch did

DefensorFortis
07-30-2010, 10:36 AM
btw: I'd like to call in a prediction.

I think the next Eurotrash nation to "tuck tail and run" will be one of these three nations:

Spain
Belgium
Denmark

I could be wrong though. If casualty rates continue like they do, more and more will surrender just like the Dutch did

I am betting that Belgium will go followed by Spain. But I think the Danes will hold out because they are kicking ass and getting things done without too many casualties (only 31 since 2002). But there are still some controversey over when to withdraw the Danish Battle Group.

wormhole
07-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Afghanistan - where empires go to die.

It's no longer a matter of bad-ass men going out with their fucking weapons . Now it's all about how cleverly you can deliver a chunk of explosives while hiding behind women and children pretending to be civilians.

Some wars can’t be won - deal with it - get over it and adapt.

MickDonalds
07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Afghanistan - where empires go to die.

It's no longer a matter of bad-ass men going out with their fucking weapons . Now it's all about how cleverly you can deliver a chunk of explosives while hiding behind women and children pretending to be civilians.

Some wars can’t be won - deal with it - get over it and adapt.

Yeah, cut and run, and just let the Taliban win.

Deal with them later. After all, it worked so well in the '90's when Dollar Bill Klinton had the opportunity to take out Al Qaeda and didn't.

:rolleyes:

wormhole
07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh shit you’re right - the dreaded "CUT AND RUN"……………..USA can never do that!!!

Here’s what we do then - we need to put down schools all across the country and then manage them for at least 25 years in order to be sure that an entire generation of Afghans are trained to be a nation and understand democracy.

Change them over from Islamic to Protestant - in fact that nothing short of real straight up fucking colonialism can win this war properly - say a 100 years and a couple of trillion bucks and probably no more than 20 thousand dead service men.

Of course - then we have to do Pakistan next.

MickDonalds
07-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Oh shit you’re right - the dreaded "CUT AND RUN"……………..USA can never do that!!!

Here’s what we do then - we need to put down schools all across the country and then manage them for at least 25 years in order to be sure that an entire generation of Afghans are trained to be a nation and understand democracy.

Change them over from Islamic to Protestant - in fact that nothing short of real straight up fucking colonialism can win this war properly - say a 100 years and a couple of trillion bucks and probably no more than 20 thousand dead service men.

Of course - then we have to do Pakistan next.

Well then, I guess we can do what you do and just go for a ride in the WAHHHHHMBULANCE and sit around, negatively bitching and crying about how we can't win. Either offer some sort of solution, since you're a counterterrorism professor, and know so much about A'stan or stop bitching about how we need to quit, pansy ass.

btw: It was YOUR TYPE of people that condemned us in Iraq back in '07, remember that?

"Hey the Military can't get it done. Fuck 'em and their contributions, let's cut and run!!!"

ianstone
07-31-2010, 05:30 AM
Meanwhile th UK government has let over a million Muslims in to th UK,
created no go areas and gives them state money running in to a billion pounds.
Now we can be prosecuted for simply challenging there Religion let alone there massive financial drain on the state like a big leech stuck to the financial state purse.
The UK has thousands of anti British / west sympathisers, and sadly terrorists.
A question often asked here,
out of all the UK dead and injured are Muslims, None only those fighting for the Taliban.
Evey one knocks the US, I always ask who do you want as the superpower ruling the world. China, Russia Iran, Germany, Poland or don't you care. You can imagine the dumb ass answers.
The UK recent governments have disgraced the memories of generations of fighting soldiers
from the Somme to Sangin.
I feel sickened to my stomach over this but other than write a letter
there is nothing I can do. Either I join the vast majority and turn a blind eye or make my self ill with it all.
I only wish I knew the answers guys.
Brave fighting forces and tepid politicians. I say fuck the politicians fuck them all,
I'm going to the Pub

DefensorFortis
07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Damn straight ianstone!

wormhole
07-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Well then, I guess we can do what you do and just go for a ride in the WAHHHHHMBULANCE and sit around, negatively bitching and crying about how we can't win. Either offer some sort of solution, since you're a counterterrorism professor, and know so much about A'stan or stop bitching about how we need to quit, pansy ass.

btw: It was YOUR TYPE of people that condemned us in Iraq back in '07, remember that?

"Hey the Military can't get it done. Fuck 'em and their contributions, let's cut and run!!!"

A conversation took place between a U. S. Army colonel and his North Vietnamese counterpart in Hanoi after the Vietnam War - The American said North Vietnam had never defeated the United States on the battlefield - The North Vietnamese conceded the point but added that it was irrelevant--the war was not about battlefield victories.

The North Vietnamese had it exactly right - a war is fought on many different levels, besides the battlefield. The N. Vietnamese used the principles from Sun Tzu’s The Art of War to defeat a superior enemy.

The United States won the battles, but it lost the war because it did not realize it was not fighting the same war as its adversary. Sun Tzu warns that when we know ourselves but not our enemy, our chance of victory is only about half.

The Taliban went to school on the lessons of the Vietnam War and Sun Tzu; terrorize the civilian population so they won’t cooperate with the Americans and inflict as many US casualties as they can with IED’s and bingo - the turn in US public opinion wins it for them.

Like the Vietnamese, the Taliban will never give up.

wormhole
07-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Meanwhile th UK government has let over a million Muslims in to th UK,
created no go areas and gives them state money running in to a billion pounds.
Now we can be prosecuted for simply challenging there Religion let alone there massive financial drain on the state like a big leech stuck to the financial state purse.
The UK has thousands of anti British / west sympathisers, and sadly terrorists.
A question often asked here,
out of all the UK dead and injured are Muslims, None only those fighting for the Taliban.
Evey one knocks the US, I always ask who do you want as the superpower ruling the world. China, Russia Iran, Germany, Poland or don't you care. You can imagine the dumb ass answers.
The UK recent governments have disgraced the memories of generations of fighting soldiers
from the Somme to Sangin.
I feel sickened to my stomach over this but other than write a letter
there is nothing I can do. Either I join the vast majority and turn a blind eye or make my self ill with it all.
I only wish I knew the answers guys.
Brave fighting forces and tepid politicians. I say fuck the politicians fuck them all,
I'm going to the Pub

Here’s the problem - your beautiful white English girls stopped having babies and you have this huge welfare state that must be fed new workers or it dries up.

ianstone
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Wrong the foreign nationals on state benefit out number the Brits locals 25 to 1 Fact

wormhole
07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
I’m sure that’s true - just like in the USA with Mexicans, however the complication is they fill jobs at the bottom of the economy. Read below - if you’re not to old - get to fucking! Lol

UK whites will be minority by 2100 - Special report: race issues in the UK
Anthony Browne - The Observer, Sunday 3 September 2000

Whites will be an ethnic minority in Britain by the end of the century. Analysis of official figures indicate that, at current fertility rates and levels of immigration, there will be more non-whites than whites by 2100.
It would be the first time in history that a major indigenous population has voluntarily become a minority, rather than through war, famine or disease. Whites will be a minority in London by 2010.

In the early 1950s there were only a few tens of thousands of non-whites in the UK. By 1991 that had risen to 3 million - 6 per cent of the population. The population of ethnic minorities has been growing at between 2 and 4 per cent a year. Net immigration has been running at record levels, with 185,000 newcomers last year.

Government forecasts suggest that immigration on its own will be responsible for half the growth of the British population over the next couple of decades.

New immigrants, who are on average younger than the population at large, also tend to have higher fertility rates. In contrast, the population of white British citizens is static. Their fertility rate is very low - at under 2 children per woman - and there is overall emigration of British citizens.

The analysis of the figures showed that if the population of ethnic minorities grows at 4 per cent a year, whites will become a minority before 2100. The demographer who made the calculation wished to remain anonymous for fear of accusations of racism.

ianstone
07-31-2010, 07:05 PM
I concede the point.

Toki
07-31-2010, 10:35 PM
So first this thread was about Afghanistan and now it's about minorities? Jesus, no wonder why having a normal debate in this day in age is hard.

ianstone
08-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Some may think you a cynic. We made a good start because we are all at least talking to each other.

mickk
08-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Everyone will leave. In the end it will be just the US which is a fair and proper thing. The krauts might stay, you know what those Nazi bastards are like. Take out after WW2 til now and they have been conquering bastards for centuries, love war, long lines of professional soldiers.

Soon as the US pulls out, the whole place goes to shit again, not taliban but the old tribal stuff. Taliban will be covert, the skies will be stacked to 40,000 ft with circling UAVs ready to fire missiles. US has the big base in Iraq for its needs so doesnt need Afghanistan as a staging point for its middle eastern interests.

The Clogs go home to drink some Heineken and smoke more dope. At least they gave it a go. I heard good things about them, especially their chopper pilots. I bet Amsterdam is in for some new afghanistani weed strains. Who knows where those guys flew to?

ianstone
08-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Hell Mick, the Chinese may fancy having a go, Putin may want to test his new hardware in a rematch.
It will be a sad end to a righteous coarse. If stopping terrorism was the goal.
A guy near where I used to live is 100% certain that the CIA carried out 9/11, and used to preach it.He also thought Islam was the religion of peace, because Cat Stevens converted. Go figure.

MickDonalds
08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Hell Mick, the Chinese may fancy having a go, Putin may want to test his new hardware in a rematch.
It will be a sad end to a righteous coarse. If stopping terrorism was the goal.
A guy near where I used to live is 100% certain that the CIA carried out 9/11, and used to preach it.He also thought Islam was the religion of peace, because Cat Stevens converted. Go figure.

I'd like to see that actually. Bring Russia back to the table and say "Okay, we won't let you into A'stan, since we're there, but to get revenge, we'll GIVE you Pakistan. Line your troops up on the border and just GO. Smash, kill and destroy EVERYTHING, and we'll look the other way. You'll gain status militarily and will be feared again throughout the world, plus you'll do us a favor by erasing the tribal Waziristan area."