PDA

View Full Version : This is fucking hardcore - Gurkha soldier hacks of taliban head

Stark
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1295617/Gurkha-ordered-UK-beheading-dead-Taliban-fighter.htm
l

A Gurkha soldier has been flown back to the UK after hacking the head off a dead Taliban commander with his ceremonial knife to prove the dead man’s identity.

The private, from 1st Battalion, Royal Gurkha Rifles, was involved in a fierce firefight with insurgents in the Babaji area of central Helmand Province when the incident took place earlier this month.

His unit had been told that they were seeking a ‘high value target,’ a Taliban commander, and that they must prove they had killed the right man.

The Gurkhas had intended to remove the Taliban leader’s body from the battlefield for identification purposes.

But they came under heavy fire as their tried to do so. Military sources said that in the heat of battle, the Gurkha took out his curved kukri knife and beheaded the dead insurgent.

He is understood to have removed the man’s head from the area, leaving the rest of his body on the battlefield.

This is considered a gross insult to the Muslims of Afghanistan, who bury the entire body of their dead even if parts have to be retrieved.

British soldiers often return missing body parts once a battle has ended so the dead can be buried in one piece.

A source said: ‘Removing the head in this way was totally inappropriate.’

Army sources said that the soldier, who is in his early 20s, initially told investigators that he unsheathed his kukri – the symbolic weapon of the Gurkhas – after running out of ammunition.

But later the Taliban fighter was mutilated so his identity could be verified through DNA tests.

The source said: ‘The soldier has been removed from duty and flown home. There is no sense of glory involved here, more a sense of shame. He should not have done what he did.

Sixx
07-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a hardcore dude.
I honestly do not see anything wrong with his actions :)

Scott
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
when they say Gurkas are commited they fucking are!

i say bullshit to the disrespect of muslims, they cut our soldiers heads of, although i do not want our army to become monsters like the taliban, cutting of the talibans commanders heads/ all leaders of the taliban is good!

it tells them not to fucking mess with us.

cunny_funt
07-18-2010, 04:15 PM
but what do they do when a talib is blown to shits by hellfire or Jdam....???

Stark
07-18-2010, 04:38 PM
they call it a job well done and mission accomplished

daoust
07-18-2010, 05:02 PM
they did the right thing...
they cut off the heads of our people

we are not savages, we do not cut the heads of people.
If you do not believe this then you should go join the savages.

shatto
07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Beheading a Muslem is an insult.
'They' do it because that are savages but we do not behead because we are not savages.

Boys, adjust your thinking.

It's about time we started treating them like an enemy.
It's about time to make a public specticle of dipping bullets into pig guts, so the word would get around.
It's about time we made clear that we will not tolerate civilians allowing themselves, their homes and Mosques to be used as cover.

It is time we made clear to our government that 'rules of engagement' have no place on a battlefield. Once the enemy is engaged the goal is his eradication.

It is time we turned loose the Gurkhas, and other warriors, so they can do what they do best and bring us peace.

eaglethebeagle
07-18-2010, 06:32 PM
but what do they do when a talib is blown to shits by hellfire or Jdam....???

lm laughing who cares too fucking bad thats tough shit these fucks dont care about proper treatment of our soldiers they have beheaded.

DefensorFortis
07-18-2010, 06:51 PM
they did the right thing...
they cut off the heads of our people

we are not savages, we do not cut the heads of people.
If you do not believe this then you should go join the savages.

That Gurkha soldier cut the head off of a dead body. The Taliban slowly and painfully saw the head off of POWs and civilians. I rest my case. Good for the Gurkhas, now the Taliban have reason to fear!

death2mooj
07-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Only reason I would call him back would be to give him a beer and a handshake

dmaxx3500
07-19-2010, 12:27 AM
we need more gurkas

Peter
07-19-2010, 01:38 AM
What a delightful story (except the bit about sending him back to th UK). AC should publish more "feel good" stories like this.
Thank you.

m.sparkey
07-19-2010, 02:01 AM
I think you're all missing some key info... He was checking the corpses to see if any were wounded, and came under *heavy fire* while doing so. so RATHER THAN RISK HIS COMRADES LIVES BY DRAGGING A FUCKING CORPSE FOR GOD KNOWS HOW FAR he lopped the head off and ran with it. Good drills, I say. (sorry for caps.)

fallen-ink
07-19-2010, 03:48 AM
O beleive me he'll get one from the other soildiers......
just .... not the politicians!

ianstone
07-19-2010, 06:26 AM
If the politicians had the drive and commitment that the Gurkha's have, the war would be over and the bad would be toast
Secondly Gurkha's rarely drink beer.
To Gurkha's, honour and truth mean all
Finally I live in a place nick named Gurkha Town, they are shocked at the possible disgrace that this incident may bring on them.
In saying that they have told me some amazing stories from when they served in Afghanistan. I only know 6 or 8 to chat too
They had no need to exaggerate, they don't.
They have a very high kill ratio
I say hand on heart, God bless them

drhods
07-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Christ, a head, as proof you killed him, is pretty fucking convincing ; _-, _/&

gremlin
07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
In ww2 Ghurkas would cut the ears off japs they had killed

gutro
07-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Absolutely nothing wrong....
They were ordered to provide proof.... they came under attack when attempting to remove the body. IMO this was a smart choice. It allows them to get out with proof, and at the same time limits the risk of anybody else getting wounded on their side. Why risk the lives of your men to bring back a dead body? Take the head and get the fuck out.

ianstone
07-19-2010, 12:38 PM
They chopped off more than their ears to prove the sex of the village leader.

serpa6
07-19-2010, 08:31 PM
If the politicians had the drive and commitment that the Gurkha's have, the war would be over and the bad would be toast
Secondly Gurkha's rarely drink beer.
To Gurkha's, honour and truth mean all
Finally I live in a place nick named Gurkha Town, they are shocked at the possible disgrace that this incident may bring on them.
In saying that they have told me some amazing stories from when they served in Afghanistan. I only know 6 or 8 to chat too
They had no need to exaggerate, they don't.
They have a very high kill ratio
I say hand on heart, God bless them

im not agrguing with you or insulting you but ask them about vietnam what did they do to the vietnamese (the same thing he did to that tali commander ) I say fuck it turn them lose and let them operate with impunity when you need a village or town raided send in the gurkas let see how many tali's run there is a saying Turn lose the Dogs of War ( does anybody think that a dog is going to lick the Tali ) FUck no .
As for the gurka hardcore man i which we had the same rules. Yah he will get sent back but you think anything is going to happen to him hell no he will get a promotion! He was a buck private they will make him general now :)

Markoxx
07-20-2010, 03:42 PM
This is what Im talking about :)

CannonFodder
07-20-2010, 04:22 PM
This is normal activity, pick up a copy of Monte Cassino by Matthew Parker. You should read this if you are interested in true hardcore warfare. The German Airborne shat themselves around the Gurkhas, they used to go out at night a stalk up to German positions and lop their heads off. One British officer noticed a group of Gurkhas all sat around laughing, on closer inspection he found out they head a bunch of German soldier heads in their possession. It also happened in the Faulklands war. We used to have a bunch of Khukuri knives presented to our family for some sniper and heavy weapons training we did, the rule was if you took the knife out you had to draw blood, suffice to say we never took the knives out.

ianstone
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
They are real soldiers and they are mean. What do you expect ?
swap kisses in the moonlight ?.
They are trained to kill and thats it they are outstanding killers.
Lean mean fighting machines.
They deserve our respect not derision.

ianstone
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I have spoken to 5 or 6 Gurkha's today, they don't know what all the fuss is about.
They are well trained and designed terminate,
so cut the bull and outrage and be happy they are on our side, god bless them all

Blazuhhh
07-20-2010, 06:25 PM
To bad about the ROE but if these kinds of actions get the taliban out of hiding than they should use this as a tactic

wardog99s
07-21-2010, 12:40 PM
wounder if i could scalp my enemies,,,

Mel
07-21-2010, 06:32 PM
He had a job to do..And he did it. Every time the politicians send warriors out to do something that needs to be done,and they have to adapt to the situation. They start getting real PC,trying to cover their ass. The taliban are heathens,Let these men do their job.

troyC
07-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Totally agree w/ the expiditious take, sure quicker and safer for him and his unit to run w/ a head, vs. drag a body... Good fkn riddance, they do it to us when we're alive!!!

countkenshin
08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
i say send more Gurkha's!

conorcolt
08-13-2010, 02:44 PM
terrorists are such hippicrits(sorry for spelling). they do this shit to living people for no reason at all. he did it for dna tests and identity of the dead terrorist. they dont think we want to bury our people in one peice. at least we dont tie them to trucks and drag them through the streets like they do to us. if these insurgents want to cry about it they can do it to the barrels of their loaded ak's