PDA

View Full Version : Increase of Neg Karma

gutro
07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys,
I know I'm not one to post very often on the forums, but I am rather active on the home page, giving my two cents on clips and pics.
Something I've noticed is a lot of negative karma being tossed around for no apparent reason. The funny thing is I bring this up not for my own gain. My Karma seems to be increasing rather steadily, but I notice other ppl getting neg'd for the simple reason that somebody doesn't like them.
There is one example on a recent clip about a missile deffence system where somebody talks about the only flow in the system and even gave estimated error numbers, but otherwise said it was a good system. He got neg'd a couple times when his post was actually really informative.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a rash of neg karma lately?

Toki
07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Life isn't fair and some people just don't like you.

MickDonalds
07-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I get negged because I tell it like it is. When somebody posts a video and uses shitass, overplayed "butt metal" like Korn, Drowning Pool or Disturbed, I make negative comments about it. Or when they post music that's ANTI-WAR with a pro-war video, durrrrr

gutro
07-15-2010, 10:00 AM

I really don't give a shit if ppl don't like me, and like i said this has nothing to do with ME personally.

It's rare that i get negd. It's an observation I've made about other people's comments.

Typically if I don't like a comment I wont act on it, like the "This would be better with Korn" type comments. But if I feel that the person is taking things too far, then ya, i'll Neg.

i just hate seeing people getting neg'd for no apparent reason, especially if their comment is informative and well thought out. To neg somebody just because you don't like them seems....... wrong.

I mean if somebody negs me I don't really care because i probably made an ass of myself, or talked some serious BS and was called on it. i could understand being neg'd for that.

Since I try not to do those things, it's rare I get negd. I just think the people on AC should have a little more respect for the guts of the page and not let personal opinions of character get in the way.

Basically if the guy is a douche and makes a bonehead comment.... Neg his ass.
But if the guy is a Douche and makes a smart or informed comment, give him some pos feedback or nothing at all if you don't want to increase his karma. Don't neg him just cuz he's a Douche. Make sense?

It's all about the integrity of Apacheclips in my mind.

Sixx
07-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree gutro, I have seen an increase. It's the negative karma regardless of the comment.

Unfortunately there are a few members that get butthurt and feel the need to go to every upload and give everyone negative karma.
Seriously what kind of loser devotes time to that? Sadly, it's true.

Nothing we can do about it :D
That's why we have to look out for each other...if you see it happening, re-up the karma. Trust me, the favor will be returned....there are a lot of members that do it already.

ianstone
07-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah,
some people simply cannot agree to disagree.
Hey get laid, get blitz drunk or hump your favourite goat.
I',m not being a wise ass, I'm just saying chill and relax.
You could be the Goat !

death2mooj
07-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I've been getting it as well, got alot of undercover libs running around on the site. I point alot of the senseless negged comments out and question it just so others notice and they usually give the original poster positive to right the wrong but its still annoying. I personally don't care about the karma but others do and it probably effects how some may reply which is the only reason I mention it.

I don't want people to either not comment or comment in some PC manner because they got negged and are somewhat cautious about what they say.

Scott
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
that was not neccasary was it.

gutro i have noticed a increase in neg karma , i'll see what Stark says , maybe we can have a limit of how many neg points you can give out.

Toki
07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
that was not neccasary was it.

gutro i have noticed a increase in neg karma , i'll see what Stark says , maybe we can have a limit of how many neg points you can give out.

That wasn't directed at gutro. It was directed at every member. AC is like high school. Not everyone is going to like you.

It's pointless numbers that doesn't mean fuck all until you reach the negative threshold 200 and get banned. If you don't like getting negative karma, don't post. Jesus Christ, when did AC turn into a bunch of crying babies who bawl over a "-1"on their comment. Bite your teeth, grow some balls, and move the fuck on.

DevilDog812
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
i noticed it too. one thing i saw on other sites is a "karma given" spot under your name. so if you gave 100k and took 50k, it would be 50. but if you didnt give any and took 200k, you would have -200 which would let everyone know who you are

gutro
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=death2mooj;34566 I personally don't care about the karma but others do and it probably effects how some may reply which is the only reason I mention it.

I don't want people to either not comment or comment in some PC manner because they got negged and are somewhat cautious about what they say.[/QUOTE]

Tokenvi,
The above comment is the exact reason I brought this up. This isn't just about people jokin around and takin shots at each other.That's one thing. This is about making AC a place for people to feel free to say what they want without being cut down.

And for somebody who thinks they are "pointless numbers" you seem to be spending a lot of time defending yourself.
I agree that not everybody is going to like me, and vise versa. it's a part of life.
Karma isn't about who you like and who you don't. Karma is about what you have to say and how you say it.
For example, right now I think you're being a Douche, but if you made a good and relevant comment, i'd still up ur karma.
You don't have to be all PC, but negging somebody just for the hell of it is BS.

I'm sure some ppl on here value the karma while others don't. Who are you to judge the people who do if you don't?

gutro
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I like that..... Maybe Stark could look into that application.

Toki
07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Tokenvi,
The above comment is the exact reason I brought this up. This isn't just about people jokin around and takin shots at each other.That's one thing. This is about making AC a place for people to feel free to say what they want without being cut down.

And for somebody who thinks they are "pointless numbers" you seem to be spending a lot of time defending yourself.
I agree that not everybody is going to like me, and vise versa. it's a part of life.
Karma isn't about who you like and who you don't. Karma is about what you have to say and how you say it.
For example, right now I think you're being a Douche, but if you made a good and relevant comment, i'd still up ur karma.
You don't have to be all PC, but negging somebody just for the hell of it is BS.

I'm sure some ppl on here value the karma while others don't. Who are you to judge the people who do if you don't?

Defending myself from what? All I did was state my opinion.

death2mooj
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
i noticed it too. one thing i saw on other sites is a "karma given" spot under your name. so if you gave 100k and took 50k, it would be 50. but if you didnt give any and took 200k, you would have -200 which would let everyone know who you are
That would work, when the grass is cut the snakes will show

That would show the abusers of it, and then just put a rule in that if your abusing the karma system you get banned. Would end alot of it, you would still have people making new names but if a restriction was put in place on how long they either have to be member to rate comments or they have to post X amount of times before being able to rate that could remedy spammed accounts as well

wormhole
07-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey Guys,
I know I'm not one to post very often on the forums, but I am rather active on the home page, giving my two cents on clips and pics.
Something I've noticed is a lot of negative karma being tossed around for no apparent reason. The funny thing is I bring this up not for my own gain. My Karma seems to be increasing rather steadily, but I notice other ppl getting neg'd for the simple reason that somebody doesn't like them.
There is one example on a recent clip about a missile deffence system where somebody talks about the only flow in the system and even gave estimated error numbers, but otherwise said it was a good system. He got neg'd a couple times when his post was actually really informative.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a rash of neg karma lately?

Last count - I got 87 in one day! LMFAO

death2mooj
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
^^ which you egged on and from the looks of it deserved ^^

JOG12
07-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey, I hate when people smash my e-dick. But you know what, that can't smash my real dick......

Toki
07-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey, I hate when people smash my e-dick. But you know what, that can't smash my real dick......

Quote for truth.

gutro
07-16-2010, 07:57 AM

LMAO..... very true.

I'd like to hear Starks opinion on the Karma Counter for amount given. Seems like a fair stat to have.

Mel
07-16-2010, 06:47 PM
I see this shit all the time.I saw it happening to Joe,I wrote him told him about it, and told him I would fix what I could.Like Sixx said,We gotta watch each others backs.