PDA

View Full Version : U.S. wants to develop and launch cheaper sattelites

Cruelbreed
11-24-2008, 01:43 AM
WE need to extend this thinking way past satellites but into virtually every area of american industry. We need to make our factories even more automated and efficient, cheaper to produce products, so cheap that hopefully comparable to the cheap labor of china nad other nations. I'm convinced that's where we have let up, moving past physical human labor faster. The downside to this is much less manufacturing and factory jobs, but I think it's time for us to move past this anyway as the United States. People working in our auto factories etc should perhaps in the next 10-20 years be displaced into other physical labor jobs perhaps for the military, or perhaps education needs to become far cheaper so that our manufacturing based population can be moved into other intellectual areas. Either way I broke off into a tangent, this is about making far cheaper sattelites so we can launch more into space.

Why? The more the merrier, the more cheap satellites we have the far greater advantage we have. If we erupt into a war and china decides to shoot one down, we'd have 2 or 3 backup satellites in that satellites place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/15/business/smallbusiness/15edge.html