PDA

View Full Version : Ringed by Foes, Pakistanis Fear the U.S., Too

Cruelbreed
11-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Interesting perspective into how the Pakistani's feel in this new era of confusion. While I think it's very important to create a counterbalance to China, I think as an ally much of this negativity in Pakistan needs to be dealt with. There needs to be less anti-american opinion worldwide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/world/asia/23pstan.html?pagewanted=1&ref=world

Cruality
11-23-2008, 04:30 PM
There's also this article, the latest airstrike in Pakistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/world/asia/23rauf.html

how the hell we deal with these new issues I have no idea. But there should be an agreement with pakistan to conduct all these air strikes. How much more hatred are we creating with each strike? What's the long term benefit of killing all these people erally? There children and ancestors will always hate us and want to fight us. I can't explain how difficult it is for me to decide the proper solution to these issues, and calculating all the future problems that will arise as a result.

Fuck the militants but we need to do something to restore trust among the Pakistani's, there needs to be a benefit to them as well. I'm coming to the belief that America needs to pull back some and let certain things take their course. What's the benefit to being so well placed in afghanistan right now or even iraq, we need to pull out of atleast one conflict and rethink our defensive positions. Restore our economy, develop new weaponry and world view based on our experience. While we're fighting other enemies are planning ways to get ahead of us, planning methods to oust us, and reading our every technological move in war. While they're getting to understand us our guards are semi-down. I believe it's perhaps probable that we're spending too much time fighting in too many areas, it could be intelligent to step back and gather what we've learned.

One positive thing i'm seeing in afghanistan is the increased drone usage, great indication of our future drone armies. Perhaps at this rate we'll need less soldiers in afghanistan and we can simply run a drone army out of certain command posts in these countries. I am glad that we're learning how to be more efficient.