I am a dog lover.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=54e_1182844511

Very fucking sad.

Sixx
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I am a dog lover.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=54e_1182844511

Very fucking sad.

I'm a dog lover as well, However you have to ask yourself this....

Have you been to Iraq?
Do you know anything about the dogs in Iraq? Dogs are a huge problem in Iraq.

I've been on dog patrol a few times where we just spent the day culling Iraqi dogs.
Now it's usually handled by the ISF.

You cannot go by the information from the video description from gayleak.

bobdina
07-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I never second guess anyone unless I was there and had real knowledge of what that person was thinking. A 10 second clip does not show what happened before hand. And before some of you guy's say well they were laughing so it shows they were wrong that could be a large adrenaline dump from what happened before the camera was rolling. Adrenaline will make some weird reactions. I had a NCO take a shot at me from about 15 meters away (no reason in hell to be shooting at a real person) and I fell down laughing. Now I wanted to kill him but I was still laughing. And this was during room clearing in the shoot house so there was no reason for that shit at all. Now with all that hot air out of the way, if they did it just to fuck around then they were WAY out of line. All I'm trying to say is you can't judge someone by 15 seconds unless you were right next to him. Bob

Sixx
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
From watching the video, and from past experiences...I don't think they were fucking around. Killing dogs in Iraq is common.
I believe they were laughing due to the dog trying to rush them like that.

However there are more videos on liveleak involving dogs that show questionable behavior from those individuals involved.
But like in all walks of life there are a few twisted people out there. It is not just limited to the military....it is a problem worldwide.
And do believe me, when U.S. service members are caught fucking around in a bad way...they do get punished. The military is not Walmart, they handle their business.

JOG12
07-02-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm a dog lover as well, However you have to ask yourself this....

Have you been to Iraq?
Do you know anything about the dogs in Iraq? Dogs are a huge problem in Iraq.

I've been on dog patrol a few times where we just spent the day culling Iraqi dogs.
Now it's usually handled by the ISF.

You cannot go by the information from the video description from gayleak.

HIGHLY UNDERSTOOD!

I still care more about our troops then a random dog. And yes I know dogs are a problem, (sick dogs, can give out positions....etc, right?)

I just feel sorry when dogs get killed because the dogs don't know the situation there in or what a stupid country there at, (I have a dog). I'm not trying to bitch and whine, shit I even stood up for David Motari.

Pzycho, thanks for getting my head right. :D

Sixx
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah JOG, not only do stray dogs carry diseases....but the real issue is the roaming packs of feral dogs that attack the Iraqi populace. Quite a bit of people have been maimed and killed by these dogs....including children. The real question is what would be the appropriate way to deal with these dog problems...as in being humanely as possible.

Iraqis use bullets and poisoned meat to cull them. I'm not sure due to the situation in Iraq if there is a better method available.

bobdina
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM
HIGHLY UNDERSTOOD!

I still care more about our troops then a random dog. And yes I know dogs are a problem, (sick dogs, can give out positions....etc, right?)

I just feel sorry when dogs get killed because the dogs don't know the situation there in or what a stupid country there at, (I have a dog). I'm not trying to bitch and whine, shit I even stood up for David Motari.

Pzycho, thanks for getting my head right. :D

me too bro me too, they have no idea whats going but sometimes you have to do whats right for your own saftey. Bob

shatto
07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
All I saw on the video was a guy with a gun then a dead dog. Difficult to get outraged from just that because nothing in the video gave the slightest context.

Dogs are killed as are cows and horses and camels in war. Civilians are killed in war. Women and children are killed in war.

Let us not overlook the fact that......
The American Military is supposed to kill people and break things.......
in a war.

It's nasty. But let us remember the big picture. 9-11.