PDA

View Full Version : Where do you stand on this issue ?

ianstone
06-22-2010, 05:02 PM
New bid to legalise voluntary euthanasia

ABC June 22, 2010, 8:18 pm

[/URL]

[URL="http://l.yimg.com/fv/xp/abc/20100622/20/3770771124.jpg?x=400&sig=zSAnJgvj_nkfKbLalMsBKA--"]http://l.yimg.com/fv/xp/abc/20100622/20/3770771124.jpg?x=292&sig=hYi.hA64Zg7sZEfyHjE7tQ-- (javascript:print();) ABC News © Enlarge photo (http://l.yimg.com/fv/xp/abc/20100622/20/3770771124.jpg?x=400&sig=zSAnJgvj_nkfKbLalMsBKA--)

Tasmania's Deputy Premier has announced she will help Greens leader Nick McKim reintroduce a bill to legalise voluntary euthanasia.
Lara Giddings used her budget reply speech today to flag a series of legislative changes for Tasmania, including the introduction of surrogacy laws, changes to sex industry laws and further work towards developing a Tasmanian charter of human rights.
"These issues are ones that don't sit comfortably with all members of parliament but that doesn't mean that we should not be open about them," she said.
Ms Giddings says she will work closely with the Greens Leader Nick McKim to reintroduce voluntary euthanasia legislation that was defeated in a private members vote last year.
She says the proposed legislation needs to be simplified and she will look at other countries where voluntary euthanasia is legalised.

For or against, share your views ?
To keep it brief i'm for; provided your ashes are dealt with properly. Unlike in the Swiss clinic.

nastyleg
06-22-2010, 07:31 PM
If they want to die so bad all they have to do is OD on their meds and go for a swim or take a bath. How hard is that honestly. Why have the government step in.

Toki
06-22-2010, 07:55 PM
If they are suffering, in pain, and there is no cure to heal their ailment, then give them the right to commit suicide. If you've been around a family who has suffered from debilitating diseases then you know what I mean. I'd rather them to finally find peace through death than wither away in front of your eyes in pain.

Mel
06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I agree with you Nasty,But not everyone has the fortitude to do it themselves.I hate seeing the government get involved,because they fuck up everything they touch.If I couldn't wipe my own ass,I sure hope my wife would have the courage to put me down.Guess what I'm saying is,I don't like it but I could live with it.Pardon the pun.

nastyleg
06-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree with you Nasty,But not everyone has the fortitude to do it themselves.I hate seeing the government get involved,because they fuck up everything they touch.If I couldn't wipe my own ass,I sure hope my wife would have the courage to put me down.Guess what I'm saying is,I don't like it but I could live with it.Pardon the pun.

I have already signed a DNR so my wife wont have to make that choice. Suicide by nyqul and bath or take 13 asprin and go to bed. Now I sound like a head case.

Mel
06-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I have already signed a DNR so my wife wont have to make that choice. Suicide by nyqul and bath or take 13 asprin and go to bed. Now I sound like a head case.

No...I don't think you do.I think you sound prepared or realistic,how ever you would like to think of it.

joelee
06-22-2010, 11:13 PM
If your life is so bad that you no longer want to live it, who is the Government to decide that you must ?
I don't think that the Gov should be involved with ending it, but there should be a way to go to a Dr. or a hospice for help if you are unable to do it yourself.
I don't think that anyone has the right to make someone suffer the last days of their life in pain.