PDA

View Full Version : And another ban for face veils

ianstone
06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Burqa ban bill introduced in NSW

AAP June 23, 2010, 12:13 am

Christian Democratic Party MP Fred Nile has succeeded in introducing a bill to ban the wearing of the burqa in the NSW Upper House.
Mr Nile introduced his private member's bill, seeking to ban the wearing of the burqa and other face veils in public, shortly after 8pm (AEST) on Tuesday.
Last month, a debate on the same bill was voted down by the NSW Upper House.
Greens MP John Kaye said only the four Greens MPs and Family First MP Gordon Moyes voted against introducing the bill on Tuesday.
"Last month the coalition and the government did the right thing and said no, they would not allow the Upper House to be home to this kind of racist dog whistling," Mr Kaye told AAP on Tuesday.
"This time they caved in."
Mr Kaye said Mr Nile's bill has opened the door to a "dangerous and divisive attack on one of NSW's communities".
"Letting loose the ugly bigotry that lies behind this bill will only encourage hostility to the Muslim community," he said.
"While no woman should be forced to wear a burqa or any other form of clothing, this absurd bill will do nothing to enhance the rights of women."
Mr Nile has denied the bill is racist, saying his concern lay with issues of security and women's rights.
The bill has been adjourned until September 2010

Great thats another , Yes

MickDonalds
06-23-2010, 02:24 AM
I don't care if a Burqa is supposed to uphold a woman's "integrity". The bottom line is it's a security issue. If 5 women in a Muslim community all wearing black Abayas and face veils rob a bank, and get away, how can detectives find out who did it? Seriously! It's common fucking sense.

It's also creepy! Seriously, I don't have issues with pious Muslims, because I've dealt with them on a daily basis for 3 tours in Iraq, but when I see a woman in full burqa at an airport in the US, I'll be honest, I get a little nervous...

joelee
06-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Muslim clothing is a security matter. The men are wearing Burkas to commit crimes all over Philly. They even killed a PPD Sgt after robbing a bank.

Sergeant Stephen Liczbinski was shot and killed while responding to a bank robbery call at approximately 11:30 am.

Three men dressed in female Muslim garb had robbed a Bank of America on Aramingo Avenue. Sergeant Liczbinski encountered the suspects on East Schiller Street and stopped their car. As he exited his patrol car, a suspect opened fire with an SKS rifle, striking him several times.

Several citizens who witnessed the incident rushed to assist the officer, wrapping his wounds in an effort to stop the bleeding. Sergeant Liczbinski told them tell my wife and kids I love them before he fell into unconsciousness. Another officer and a citizen carried him into a patrol car and he was transported to a local hospital, where he died from his wounds.

The suspects continued their escape, but crashed their vehicle. The suspects then stole another vehicle and fled again. When the vehicle was stopped, one suspect was shot and killed by K-9 officers and two suspects eluded capture. Both suspects who fled were eventually apprehended and charged with murder.

Sergeant Liczbinski had served with the Philadelphia Police Department for 12 years. He is survived by his wife and three children.

From "The Officer Down Memorial Page: