PDA

View Full Version : Gen McChrystal Called To Obamas Presence to Explain Magazine Story

joelee
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
General Stanley McChrystal to report immediately in Washington

General Stanley McChrystal, the head of U.S. military and its allies in Afghanistan, has received in the last hours and ordered to report immediately in Washington just at a critical time of the longest conflict since Vietnam.

General McChrystal would have lost the confidence of the White House to transcend a series of severe criticism in a report of the ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine.

Not helped much that McChrystal has offered a first public apology for the remarks attributed both to himself and to his assistants. In the interview, General McChrystal at different times expressed reluctance and disdain for a number of senior civilian U.S. government with responsibilities in Afghanistan.

Stanley McChrystal comes to claim betrayed by the American ambassador in Kabul, Karl Eikenberry, when delivering more troops. With the details of responding to an email from Richard Holbrooke, Obama’s diplomat, saying “I did not even open it.”

The staff of the four-star general also pokes fun at Vice President Joe Biden as a figure totally irrelevant despite his claims to knowledge and influence the White House policy in Afghanistan. Those same sources insist that McChrystal feels “disappointed” by President Obama. The report in question is entitled “The fugitive general” and go on the U.S. newsstands this Friday.

Given this wealth of indiscretions that evidence of the profound differences between military and civilian United States over how to address the increasingly violent Afghan conflict, McChystal has issued a statement of apology.

“Throughout my career, I have lived under the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article is not up to that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama, his team national security and civilian leaders and troops who are fighting this war and remain committed to ensuring a successful outcome” said General Stanley McChrystal

joelee
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
When asked what he thought of the article, the Prez said "my pussy hurts".

nastyleg
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
post turtle strikes again

dmaxx3500
06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
he only said the truth,obama and his possie are morons

joelee
06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
The General beat the Prez to the punch. He turned in his resignation today. The Prez "has not decided to accept it". WTF! If the General resigns, how can the Glorious Leader force him to do anything?
I'd say " Fuck with me and I'm writing a book. A book about how you don't, and nobody around you does not, know SHIT about the Military"
The Prez does not want anybody else who is respected to pull the curtain back any further.

Reactor-Axe-Man
06-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this. On the one hand, I agree with his assessment of Zero and his White House staff. On the other hand, Rolling Stone? If he actually wanted a lot of people to read what he had to say, he's be better going with People or something. The only people who still read Rolling Stone are a handful of brain dead aging hippies and college age hipster douchebags whose name on the subscription label reads "Heywood Jablowme."

I can't decide if he did the interview because he's a fool or because he really wants to get fired.

MickDonalds
06-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Obama and Biden are BUTTHURT because somebody told the truth. Egomaniacs that can't handle criticism should GTFO. Look at what W. had to put up with in 8 years of service. Seriously Zero. Grow the fuck up you Post Turtle. You're not qualified to lead us, and I stand by MY leaders who've earned the right to make command decisions.

I'd follow Petreaus, McChrystal, Abizaid, Sanchez, Franks or any other "Star" that I've served under into hell carrying gasoline cans if it means supporting them.

Fuck you Post Turtle.

joelee
06-23-2010, 03:20 AM
I love that the General typed up the letter and stole the douchebag prez's thunder! Ha-ha fuckwad.

dmaxx3500
06-24-2010, 01:01 AM
i hope he [mcchrystal ] goes on every tv show and tells the truth about these assholes running our country

MickDonalds
06-24-2010, 02:14 AM
I hope McChrystal SLAMS the Zero administration if he writes a book. He's retiring, so he can do whatever he wants. I'm sure he won't have to worry about money.

With that said, let's hope Petraeus can make lightning strike twice with A'stan. He can't use an identical strategy as he did with the "Surge" in '07, but I gotta think the guy has a few more tricks up his sleeve. Let's hope he can get more troops into the eastern province, where there needs to be thousands more.