PDA

View Full Version : U.S. to help China with food safety? WHAT THE FUCK?

Cruelbreed
11-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Okay, personally i'm wondering why we don't let their reputation continue to go to hell. I understand it's a safety precaution for our population, but our countrymen should learn to stop using chinese goods as much as possible. Am I turning anti-chinese lol?

US to help China with food safety
By Chris Hogg
BBC News, Shanghai
The Chinese government has allowed the US to open food safety offices in three cities to help ensure the safety of Chinese food products for export.

The US Food and Drug Administration says its staff will provide technical advice to Chinese firms, and conduct their own inspections.
They will work with national and local authorities, and with private groups to develop certification programmes.

China's reputation suffered recently after milk products were contaminated.
Concern over the safety of Chinese products has been growing since tainted pet food and other products were traced back to China last year.
The industrial chemical melamine was found to have been deliberately put into milk products.

FDA officials will be based in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai in an effort to improve the safety of Chinese food and medicines exported around the world.

The US and China signed an agreement last year to share information and to create product tracking systems to try to tighten up safety standards.
But the problem is that so much of the food produced here comes from small manufacturers or companies, some of which are operating with the most basic facilities and within tiny profit margins.

The Chinese government says it is introducing tough new regulations to try to improve safety but past experience suggests it is hard in practice to implement those new rules, particularly away from the bigger cities.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/7736708.stm

Humbled Infidel
11-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey don't buy a car made in china

http://webjunk.info/cheap-chinese-made-car/

Cruelbreed
11-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah what the fuck are we going to do, are we going to go and show them how to build reliable cars too so that the U.S. auto industry is completely fucking useless?

Humbled Infidel
11-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow I've never seen you like this.

I hope we do NOT go teach them anything else! There does need to be a line drawn and I think we are at that point now. I wish I could remember where I read an article a couple of months ago. It was about Africa doing more business with China because China could help more and much cheaper. The problem is many in Africa are becoming slaves to the Chinese Gov. helpers. They are treated so horridly.

It was shocking, but it should have not been.

Cruelbreed
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
:P I Just think we help people that shouldn't be helped. Why are we reducing our global competitiveness by sharing and helping competing nations? Let them figure it out themselves, they think they're hot shot replacements for the U.S. Let China figure out there own issues, i'm sick of them lulling U.S. help into their country so they can learn how to do everything it took us years to develop. It's a scam, it's a joke, it's ridiculous.

Cruality
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Amen brother, anything to stop Chinese competitiveness at our expense while they move along and make terrorist trade partners.