PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the right place for this but....

Devious
06-18-2010, 07:02 PM
I think congrats are in order...am getting married...well i havent popped the question nor brought the ring..but i asked her father for blessings and he said "took you long enough, shes crazy about you", I was thinking of popping the question the same day i graduate basic..but i feel its a bit selfish seeing how all the young men and women graduate into soldiers...I plan on asking her on a special dinner or somewhere along those lines...idk I would like some opinions:thumbsup:

Scott
06-18-2010, 07:28 PM
im not keen on getting married but if i met the woman of my life i would ask her in a very romantic way.... take her out for a very nice dinner and ask a group of musicians to play her favourite song while asking her to marry me, that is how i plan to do it if one day i fall in love.

well congratulations buddy, better make it sooner rather then later and start saving up for the big white wedding :) Good Job Pal.

nastyleg
06-18-2010, 08:20 PM
I think congrats are in order...am getting married...well i havent popped the question nor brought the ring..but i asked her father for blessings and he said "took you long enough, shes crazy about you", I was thinking of popping the question the same day i graduate basic..but i feel its a bit selfish seeing how all the young men and women graduate into soldiers...I plan on asking her on a special dinner or somewhere along those lines...idk I would like some opinions:thumbsup:

just think about this. I would wait until you get to your first duty station. If she sticks with you until that point it MIGHT work out. I have seen a lot of guys go through heart ache because of some piece of pussy that could not wait until they got out of basic or come home from deployment. I am very sinical and not at all willing to trust "high school sweet hearts" more often than not they cheat.

Sixx
06-18-2010, 08:31 PM
just think about this. I would wait until you get to your first duty station. If she sticks with you until that point it MIGHT work out. I have seen a lot of guys go through heart ache because of some piece of pussy that could not wait until they got out of basic or come home from deployment. I am very sinical and not at all willing to trust "high school sweet hearts" more often than not they cheat.

Agreed with you bro.

Devious. I would really really wait until you get situated at your first duty situation and then some....I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, But you have to focus on "YOU" for the time being.
The military is far from easy, and it's not for everyone. And it's really really not friendly to newly married couples....

I have seen and supervised countless people doing the same exact thing you just said and failed miserably. Some have even let their military career go to shit over a woman.....it's not worth it.

However it is possible to make it happen.
I got married right after I graduated basic.
Luckily for me it worked.
But trust me, it was not easy at all.

Devious
06-19-2010, 12:49 AM
The input is def. appreciated...which is why I came here..the most reliable source for been there done that..or seen this seen that, all of this is still in its infancy..and after much thought I am going to hold off...because I figure the military life isn't for alot of people, there will be times of pure loneliness and that can def break some people as you guys said...I will most likely wait after my first deployment see how we interact with one another during said deployment because I dont want to be deployed and worry about whats going on in the home front fuck around and get myself or my squad hurt or worse...I will def keep you guys posted, oh yea I wont be doing and duty station moves because I will be doing National Guard, for now anyway...