PDA

View Full Version : Back pay time for our Boys

Scott
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Back pay time for our Boys

DAVID Cameron won the hearts and cheers of Our Boys yesterday with a promise to DOUBLE their money.

Yells erupted as he said soldiers' daily operational allowances will rise from £14.51 to £29.02

The increase, to £5,280 for a half-year tour, will be paid next month and back-dated to May 6, General Election day.

It will cost £58million and be funded by making savings at the Ministry of Defence.

Mr Cameron made his vow after becoming the first British PM to stay overnight at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan's Helmand.

He slept in a pre-fab block and got up at 6am for a jog in a dust storm before joining squaddies for breakfast.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/StonedSOD/48078569.jpg
Training ... PM uses bomb detector

Then he addressed 400 soldiers in the searing heat and told them he aimed to rewrite the "covenant" between the military and the public.

The PM said the Armed Forces should be "revered" for their courage and service, and added: "I want to put you front and centre of national life again.

"You do so much for us and we will look after you."

Earlier Mr Cameron had announced an extra £67million to protect patrols from bombs by doubling detection teams to 20 and buying 13 more armoured vehicles.

DEFENCE Secretary Liam Fox yesterday told Britain's Nato allies to pull their weight in Afghanistan. He said there was "no excuse" for countries like France and Germany failing to help train Afghan security forces.

Corndog
06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry Scott this is old news mate, this was covered last week on the forums......Young ianstone covered this i believe....

Scott
06-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry Scott this is old news mate, this was covered last week on the forums......Young ianstone covered this i believe....

aha i see, i completely missed it :(