PDA

View Full Version : Air Force major get's 4 months in jail for using Pot

bobdina
06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
major gets 4 months for drug use
Stars and Stripes
Published: June 12, 2010

KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany — An Air Force major from Ramstein Air Base was given four months in jail and a reprimand for marijuana use, according to base officials.
At a court-martial at Ramstein earlier this month, Maj. Timothy Reburn pleaded guilty to using marijuana last summer at or near the air base, according to information provided by Ramstein’s legal office. Reburn “illegally consumed” marijuana on Aug. 8, according to base officials.
Reburn also pleaded guilty to failing to report to the base’s drug demand reduction office for a mandatory random urinalysis test on Aug. 12, according to legal officials. He subsequently tested positive for drug use two days later, officials said.
Reburn is assigned to the 690th Network Support Squadron, Detachment 1, at Ramstein.
He’ll serve his jail sentence at the Army’s confinement facility in Mannheim, officials said in an e-mail.

http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/ramstein-major-gets-4-months-for-drug-use-1.106905

ianstone
06-14-2010, 11:56 AM
And 12 months slow reduction in pot until cured

Sixx
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Way to throw away your career.

bobdina
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM
2 things I've been seeing more and more of when looking for stories, things like this (There are random urinalyses ya know?) And fakers( public record requests get them all the time, DD214's are public record) . Now I knew 2 guy's who wanted out and took the drug route and failed on purpose but higher ranks getting caught doesn't make much sense to me. Then again getting caught on purpose didn't make much sense either.

ForTheRecord
03-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Yes…I’m the Major that did this. It was a stupid Saturday night where I made a bad choice to smoke a Hookah pipe (my first time) that had Hashish in it four months before my retirement. In my 20+ years I’ve always done the right thing, but on this night I made a bad choice and paid the price. There was a lot leading up to this that the story doesn’t tell, but what I can say is that I’m lucky to have my wife, family and friends who stuck with me through this. My career was stellar up to this point. I think I did the right thing by accepting responsibility for my actions and pleading guilty. The consequences….Felony conviction, can’t vote for the rest of my life nor can I own a firearm for 10 years. In the end I think I’m a better person for what I’ve had to suffer through.

ForTheRecord