PDA

View Full Version : Taliban hard men

ianstone
06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Afghan schoolgirls hospitalized for possible poisoning By the CNN Wire Staff June 13, 2010 -- Updated 1109 GMT (1909 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
60 schoolgirls aged 9-14 suffer apparent poison attack
Most suffered minor reactions
Incident is third suspected poisoning of girls in a week
Taliban banned girls from school when they ruled Afghanistan
Kabul, Afghanistan -- About 60 schoolgirls in Afghanistan's Balkh province appear to have been poisoned and required hospitalization, the Ministry of Health said Sunday.

The victims ranged in age from 9 to 14. Most suffered minor reactions, ministry spokesman Sakhi Kargan told CNN.

It's at least the third suspected poisoning of girls attending schools in Afghanistan this week.

Nearly 90 people were poisoned in attacks on three schools in April. There have been no known deaths to date in any of the attacks.

The Taliban banned girls from going to school when they ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001.

Since girls' schools began reopening after the Taliban were overthrown, facilities, female students and teachers have been the victims of attacks

Is this really, really necessary,why do the Muslims,
in that part of the world fear educating their women.

After all they have to be able to read food labels to feed us men.

In addition

9 killed as bus hits mine (http://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/11/9-killed-as-bus-hits-mine/)
An explosion in southern Afghanistan killed nine civilians and wounded eight others Friday, officials said. The victims were traveling in a mini bus on the Kandahar-Herat highway when the vehicle was struck by a road mine, said Kandahar governor's spokesman Zalmai Ayoubi. The victims comprised of four women, three children and two men, Ayoubi said.

Kandahar leaders give go-ahead for offensive, Karzai says

From Nic Robertson
June 13, 2010 7:46 a.m. EDT

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/06/13/afghanistan.mcchrystal/story.kandahar.gi.jpg
A U.S. soldier calls in coordinates near Kandahar as an Afghan girl watches earlier this month.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

President Hamid Karzai and Gen. Stanley McChrystal in Kandahar
Met with 300 local leaders
Karzai says he got the go ahead for military operation

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan, were in Kandahar Sunday to sell their plan of an upcoming military operation in the province.
And according to Karzai, the meetings were successful.
After a meeting with about 300 people Karzai said the leaders have given him the green light to start a military operation in the province that was once a Taliban stronghold.
With McChrystal in the front row, Karzai delivered a full-court press to the group of leaders Sunday, trying to get their support.
The group sat on carpets and cushions on the floor as they listened to Karzai passionately talk about increasing security and ending corruption.
He also had a strong message for the Taliban.
"First I call on the Taliban for peace. Do not kill your country men and children. Do not kill innocents," Karzai said. "Separate yourself from al Qaeda and the terrorists."
Karzai did not say when the upcoming military operation but did say American soldiers would have a role in it.

death2mooj
06-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Because those arent people they are vermin and should be treated as such. If you get roaches in your house do you sympathize with them and possibly play catch and release??......