PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Threatens `All-Out Military Strike' on South's Loudspeakers

perocity
06-13-2010, 11:48 AM
North Korea warned of an “all-out military strike” to destroy South Korean loudspeakers and other propaganda tools along their fortified border, according to the North’s state-run Korean Central News Agency.

South Korea’s preparation for psychological warfare, is a “direct declaration of a war” against the North, the general staff of the communist state’s military said today in a statement on KCNA. The North’s military retaliation may turn Seoul into “a sea of flame,” the statement said.

The South has already installed loudspeakers in 11 places along the border and is attempting to set up electronic displays, according to the statement.

South Korea hasn’t detected any abnormal activities near the border area with the North, Yonhap News said following the KCNA report today, citing South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Tensions have risen on the Korean peninsula since an international panel concluded on May 20 that the North was behind a torpedo attack that sank the Cheonan warship, killing 46 of the South’s sailors. South Korea’s president Lee Myung Bak has taken the case to the United Nations Security Council, backed by the U.S. and Japan, to seek a resolution condemning North Korea.

The North says the allegations are fabricated and has threatened to retaliate over any punitive action taken against it.

South Korea will resume anti-North broadcasts across the border after the United Nations Security Council makes a determination about the sinking, Yonhap News reported yesterday, citing South Korea’s defense minister.

To contact the reporter on this story: Jungmin Hong in Seoul at jhong47@bloomberg.net

Fucking blow hards.

ianstone
06-13-2010, 12:45 PM
There is more chance of England winning the world cup

joelee
06-13-2010, 01:48 PM
They are some fucked up people running the North...
World War 2 fucked up so many parts of the world it would be hard to count them.
Add in the F-ups from WW1 and...

perocity
06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Their like a bunch of fucked up problem children in need of attention.The only problem is that it's all negative.

dmaxx3500
06-15-2010, 11:00 PM
i wonder how much of a first strike capability south Korea has ,could they hit the north hard enough to stop this idiot in the north?

Toki
06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
i wonder how much of a first strike capability south Korea has ,could they hit the north hard enough to stop this idiot in the north?

The problem is that North Korea has every price of their artillary dialed on Seoul. That would be the main place South Korea would start their attack if the war broke out again.

Reactor-Axe-Man
06-16-2010, 12:19 AM
As my Daddy used to say - if you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about...

mickk
06-16-2010, 05:02 AM
The SK govt dude was on TV last night basically saying if NK tries another stunt like the torpedo, they will shoot back this time. Also SK is nagging China to desert NK.

SK has to answer to the US. If SK jumps the gun, they would be on their own, except some of the US forces would be fired on and you all know what that leads to. I reckon Obama is saying to his Chiefs cant you see Im busy in the oil business, keep the crazy bastard under control.

There was also a story on the previously unheard of third son of Kim, they interviewed a recent defector and he claims no one on NK has heard of the little bastard who is in his 20s. He is the anointed one it is claimed. Has he been brainwashed beyond help? The defector who was in the NK army at one stage, claims the defence forces have enough food stashed away for a 3 year battle. Alll well fed, well trained and equipped. I think they might be considering the bastards spend everything on the army, even smuggle smack to aid the cause. I think they would have reverse engineered everything the soviets and russians gave them. I reckon what they dont make, they would just buy from the russian mafia and the like.

So would the US stay and fight it out, send more troops, or just bail and leave em to fight it out, coz if NK has any nukes or gas, they will use them. Or maybe NK will just lob a few missiles tit for tat war like palestine?

What would China do? copy the US I reckon. Just react, not act. Japan, well those blodthirsty bastards are itchin for more land. Cant wait to avenge Tojos death. Russia couldnt be bothered. The rest of the world couldnt care less.

Yono
06-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Like mickk said, if North Korea starts the war, their "friend" China will most likely not OPENLY support them.
And I love how North Korea states: "South Korea’s preparation for psychological warfare, is a “direct declaration of a war” against the North, the general staff of the communist state’s military said today in a statement on KCNA". ORLY? AND BLOWING UP A SHIP ISN'T A "DIRECT DECLARATION OF WAR"?

North Korea = Babies
North Korea = Idiots
What goes around comes around.

Reactor-Axe-Man
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Kim Jong Un has been a known entity for a few years now. In fact he tried to have one of his older brothers assassinated a couple years back in order to 'grease the wheels' of his succession. Said older brother was in protective custody in China, last I heard. Whether he has the juice to pull off an orderly transfer of power from his father remains to be seen, however. If I were Kim Jong License to Il, I would probably start a surprise purge of my family and allies just before I transfer power. It's a huge risk, but I don't see this kid being able to keep what he has been given, even if he manages to get it.

perocity
06-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm not seeing much in the news about North Korea's ambassador to the United Nations warning Tuesday that Pyongyang would take military action if the council condemns the regime over the sinking.I saw a short clip on the BBC of him making the threats.Also-assistant Secretary of State Kurt Campbell flew in a day after Washington branded North Korea a "criminal state" over its threats of reprisals if it is censured by the UN Security Council over the warship sinking in March.The heat is on.

death2mooj
06-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Stupid ass norks, guy is constantly threatening the south with a declaration of war. Surprise dipshit your still technically AT WAR. I think if they did start going at it Kim would be off hiding and his country would be overrun and a new government would be in place within 2 years