PDA

View Full Version : Bill would blunt bans on Blue, Gold Star flags

bobdina
06-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Bill would blunt bans on Blue, Gold Star flags

The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Jun 11, 2010 16:29:07 EDT

RICHMOND, Va. — Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., has introduced legislation to ensure families who have relatives serving in the armed forces can publicly signal their support with a Blue or Gold Star flag.

Webb said his bill was inspired by an incident in Ohio in which a woman was asked by her condo association to take down a Blue Star flag. The woman’s son served two tours in Iraq and was wounded twice.

Webb’s proposal would prevent neighborhood associations from enacting bans when relatives are serving during times of conflict.

ianstone
06-12-2010, 01:15 PM
It fills me with shame, so many wanker so high up. Really f*ing sad.

joelee
06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I wonder if the people who complained ever served, or had a loved one who served?
The sheeple of this country, and their PC asses sticking their noses into everything make me sick.

bobdina
06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I wonder if the people who complained ever served, or had a loved one who served?
The sheeple of this country, and their PC asses sticking their noses into everything make me sick.

Your making me say this more and more Amen brother. Bob

death2mooj
06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Richmond of all places, sounds like something they would pull. Wasnt long ago that they made a man TAKE HIS FLAG DOWN, and I'm talking plain ol' stars and stripes on a flag pole.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/POLEGAT02_20091202-091201/309031/P0/

read that above link, fucking rediculous especially being a MOH recipient