PDA

View Full Version : How long until a full unmanned airforce?

HolX
11-16-2008, 01:45 AM
I guess we'll always have some manned planes, but how along until we have full mini-airforces of all unmanned UAV vehicles that are autonomous. I can just see it now, each aircraft carrier having its own fleet of UAV's to protect the mothership.

AlvinVu
11-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, look up US Army Sky Warrior UAV in google.
Its a project developed by the US Army and now merged with US AirForce.
I will replace the previous Predator UAV.

The SkyWarrior was orginially planned to fly autonimously but the airforce didn't like the idea so its still in the plannings.

Elroto
11-18-2008, 01:20 PM
I believe that the Fighter Pilot is seeing the twilight years. There will always be transport pilots. But even they will eventualy be replaced by HAL.

Cruelbreed
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I believe that the Fighter Pilot is seeing the twilight years. There will always be transport pilots. But even they will eventualy be replaced by HAL.

Yeah that's pretty sad, maybe it'll be different though. With all these new super pills, and brain alterations + SCI-FI cyborg technology we'll super amplify the human to be even better than any computer. Think about it, your greatest computer PLUS your greatest human minds.

mackshaft
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
The X-45A, Its is a stealth UCAV. No more long runs for pilots in a small cock pit.