PDA

View Full Version : CIA Torture prisoners to improve methods

ianstone
06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
News / International

U.S. physicians conducted experiments on prisoners
A. P. B.

GMT 18:30:00 2010 Monday, June 7

Called human rights organizations to investigate violations of the CIA to the laws of protection against experiments on human beings.

http://www.elaph.com/elaphweb/Resources/images/Politics/2010/6/week1/waterboarding.jpgWashington: Human rights organization said it appeared that doctors conducted experiments on a number of those arrested on suspicion of terrorism during the torture practiced by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) after the attacks of September 11, 2001 in order to improve methods of investigation.
The organization "Physicians for Human Rights," it had obtained public records showing that professionals in the medical field have worked under the supervision of the CIA during interrogations of detainees in the "war on terror" after the 2001 attacks.
She said doctors and medical workers witnessed the operations "waterboarded", and forcing detainees to strip naked, deprived of sleep and put them at high temperatures or very low, and isolation for long periods, and other methods.
She said the experience and research, "were taking place on what seems to provide legal cover for torture."
The report said that although he has been documented cruel and inhumane, but new evidence shows that the health professionals involved and effective in the application of research and experience in U.S. custody during the questioning.
He added that "such acts can be considered as research and experiments carried out by workers in the health of prisoners, which could constitute a violation of accepted standards of medical ethics, and domestic and international laws."
He added that "such practices can in some cases may constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity."
He said that although the medical professionals who were responsible for "not to exceed investigators to the threshold of legal pain, physical and serious mental .. but their presence and their cooperation in the practice of the interrogation is deliberately causing the damage was not the sole objective seems to apply the practices of torture routine, but also for use in any defense prosecution of any criminal proceedings for torture. "
Frank said Donaghoe Executive Chairman of the Organization "It seems that the CIA had broken all the legal and ethical standards accepted in place since World War II to protect prisoners from being subjected to experiments."
The organization called for an investigation into violations of the CIA to the laws of protection against experiments on human beings as he called on Congress to amend the War Crimes Act to "remove the changes that have taken place under the 2006 law that undermine the prohibition of biological experiments on prisoners."
The organization said that the CIA "In trying to justify torture, which is a war crime committed another war crime is an illegal experiments on prisoners."

This old chestnut will never die, notice the caneraman I guess he was just passing

joelee
06-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Take these fuckers and learn all you can from them until you throw away the empty husk.

ErisKillton
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
"forcing detainees to strip naked, deprived of sleep and put them at high temperatures or very low, and isolation for long periods, and other methods."

This sounds like basic prison treatment. Torture??? I doubt it. When did the world become so pussified??? We cant torture prisoners anymore? WTF? I understand the idea that we are supposed to act better than they do (because you know if givin the chance they would not be so nice) but really where is the line? Same thing with not shooting pirates. There are so many many people on this earth, we're almost at maximum capacity. So why should anyone care what happens to a handful of humans with bad wiring AND who were caught being less than human. All is fair in love and war isnt it? Fuck these bleeding heart do gooders who want to save every raggedy broke down retard from getting what they deserve. The only thing wrong with torture I think is not killing the prisoner at the end of it all. Is it because the do gooders are scared we got the wrong guys? Or that they will be released and go on Oprah and cry about their treatment? I dont understand.

I guess Im just a monster for wanting them to fear being captured.

mickk
06-11-2010, 04:22 AM
Its a very interesting subject. Waterboarding, wouldnt make me talk, Id just be more determined not to spill my guts. I like to think I would rather die than give information to the enemy. However I am reliably informed that during the vietnam war, everyone talked or died. Many were near death before talking, many talked and died anyway. In the end there is only so much you can take. If it goes on too long, you get false information, just get told what you want to hear.

The modern rules for "us" if taken prisoner is hold out for 3 days. Thats enough time for any direct threat from you talking to be removed. Its all that is expected of the western world soldier. Mind you you dont go telling em everyting, just enough to ease your pain.

IMO anyone with genuine high level info can be talked around. The dumb foot terrorist doesnt know much anyway. They spill their guts pretty quick and waterboarding or anything else doesnt get any extra info. Most of that tactic is futile. He might give up an address, a bomb location or a mate, but thats all small scale stuff. You wont get to know about any immediate threats. Its not the D Day invasion.

Now in wars past there was serious torture. The japs and the nazis did everything from the old babmoo under the finger nails to cutting out the unborn baby from a live mother infront of the father and everything inbetween. Go back further and you were skinned alive, boiled in oil.

So these so called present torture tactics are just a bit of roughing up.

Too many do gooders in this world atm.

More service lawyers than combat troops.