PDA

View Full Version : Couple may face eviction over flag display

bobdina
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Couple may face eviction over flag display

The Associated Press
Posted : Wednesday May 26, 2010 12:13:19 EDT

OSHKOSH, Wis. — American flags will fly this Memorial Day weekend to honor those who gave their lives while serving their country.

But, in Oshkosh, a couple is being told to take down the U.S. flag they have displayed in their dining room window.

Dawn and Charlie Price have been told by their apartment's management company they must take it down, or face eviction.

Charlie Price is an Army veteran who served tours in Kosovo and Iraq. Dawn Price says the flag is a way to honor her husband's military service and remember those who made the "ultimate sacrifice."

The apartment management company, Midwest Realty Management, says its rules prohibit the display of flags, banners and political or religious material in order to maintain a consistent living environment for all apartment residents.

acf6
05-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Hate asshole Management companies like this!!!!! If you don't want to see the American Flag then sell the property and do business in another country!!!!!!

ianstone
05-27-2010, 10:24 AM
I am, just so very,very sad for this couple.
And abjectly ashamed of the powers that be.
My Grand dad said,
They, have always got us working folk beat, because we don't stick together
and went on to say, it's little or no difference to which political party you vote for.
Answer is simple,
vote with your feet.
That big supermarket he said, fingers in pies local government
it will get built, and it did. how long do you think it will stay open if no one goes in.

Self interest, lack of community spirit and greed.
He taught me a sense of community.
where we sat on the riverbank has long gone. Happy memories of fishing, are still golden.

dmaxx3500
05-27-2010, 09:50 PM
these people need a good lawyer to sue the management company for violating their u.s. civil rights

dmaxx3500
05-28-2010, 11:50 PM
well msnbc says the management company backed down, after 4,000 people called and e-mailed them