PDA

View Full Version : My friend the Jewish Arab. Unquote.

ianstone
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Dialogue with "my friend" the Jewish-Arab

Mustafa Halim Minshawi
BBC London

Can Altencgel using the "Real Player", or "Windows Media Player (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/arabic/multimedia/2010/05/?redirect=100514_hs_unsaid_lebanse_jews.shtml&news=1&host=www&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1&lang=ar)

See the documentary fully
I remembered the book Mustafa Mahmoud, "a dialogue with an atheist friend", in preparation for a seminar on the Arab Jews after the screening of a documentary on the Jews of Lebanon in a series of "what is not said."
And imagine a similar dialogue with the "Jewish-Arab friend."
The dialogue began quoting a hot object on to broach the subject of discussion by some of the public. The logic is clear: the Jews of Lebanon who are eating a documentary film not more than two dozen people and all the Jews Arabs who Tnolthm seminar for a few thousand.
My friend that the number of Jews, Arabs had several million before they left their country during the past few decades. Morocco is only when the quarter of a million Jews some of them still have a large influence even now.
The number is not everything, Valzkriaat carried by Arab Jews after the 1948 war between the Arabs and Israel enough.
http://wscdn.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2010/05/14/100514171840_marcolastsecond.jpg Wadi Abu Jamil, where he lived Lebanese Jews

The war was a comma between those memories. Before the war, covered by the sweet memories of religious tolerance allowed the Jews to integration. For example, Linda Mnouhin when telling the story of her country of origin and affiliation of all poetic: "O Baghdad ... you only ignore hurtful hearts ... still regret your absence."
After the war, memories of the time covered by the gray atmosphere Tjoppe a storm of "persecutions and pressure" to leave the country, according to British academic Sami Zubaida, one of the Iraqi Jews.
Regardless of the taste of the bitter memories of and solutions to them, the fact remains that Arab Jews have left in large numbers. Who is responsible for their exodus?
"I am ready to kill"
"Arab states," So my friend replied, recalling the resolutions issued by government in some Arab countries for the nationalization of Jewish property after the 1948 war, such as Libya.
I said that the departure was not always driven by Badthadat the state or society, but also the "temptations" Zionist organizations or "options" the Jews, the Arabs themselves by now Jericho, former editor of Le Monde Diplomatique in a panel discussion after the screening the documentary.
"Departure was the only solution with the establishment of a Jewish State says it has put all Jews and the Arabs in trouble."
Marco and the Israeli invasion
This dilemma has intensified with the succession of wars between the Arabs and Israel, and selecting the majority of Jews to Israel and a new home for them, including Marco Mizrahi.
http://wscdn.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2010/05/14/100514171821_marcolast.jpg Marco said he was "willing to kill Lebanese"

Mizrahi took part in the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, after a few years of shunning Beirut, stressing to his superiors, his willingness to kill from the corresponding "Lebanese or Muslim" if necessary.
According to the suspension of a lawyer and writer Lebanese Dalida Mawla Marco and the other Jews, Arabs "deserve what happened to them, for they have migrated in search of their alleged involvement in the Israel."
Away from determining who is responsible in every sense of that issue of confusion and ambiguity so far, could ask the loser?
"Physician poor"
My friend said that Arab countries are the biggest loser with the departure of Jews, Arabs, including those of doctors, engineers and intellectuals, many of the residents of Beirut will recall the famous doctor Nabil sun, known as "doctor poor."
The Arabs have lost a powerful means of communication between them and Israel, some Arab Jews like Shimon Shitrit, who was minister in the government participated in the efforts of the peace process between the Arabs and Israel, thanks to the Moroccan origins.
"The departure of the Jews was a strategic error and a duty on Arab countries to avoid," Thus saith the member of the politicians of the ruling party in Egypt jihad return.
Dleda given reduced, like many of the size of that loss. "Did not the Jews as traitors and spies," including the Lebanese Shula Cohen, who was arrested by the exchange deal with Israel in exchange for some prisoners in the sixties.
http://wscdn.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2010/05/07/100507131904_jews226.jpg Marco immigrated to Israel and participated in the invasion in 1982

"But was not there as spies or traitors to the benefit of Israel from among the Muslims themselves," So quick return to retaliate.
My friend reminded me that Arab Jews also lost their property estimated by the Israelis tens of billions of dollars and demanding compensation. Dalida Mawla, but was ready to respond: Is not Israel the first to compensate the Palestinian refugees who have failed some of them even in the alternative homeland to find them?
Is it because Jews are the Arabs?
Away from all this controversy, I asked my friend the Jewish: Is it back to his native country in the Arab world that the situation improved?
There are signs of this can be achieved.
In Libya, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi called on to return from the assets of Yibp and ensure their rights.
In Egypt, open the synagogue "Maimonides" after its restoration, with government funding and the Alexandria Court of Appeals ruled in favor of a Jewish family forced to vacate their property before leaving this year,
In Tunisia, a Jewish ceremony was held to six thousand people visited the temple of "exotic" protection amid tight security.
But my friend seemed skeptical, examples of the same
In Egypt, he was a Jewish synagogue in Cairo bomb attack a few months ago and canceled a conference on Jews years ago was for reasons of security concerns.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2009/12/08/091208123045_orthodoxfora.jpg Israel is a milestone in the development of Arab Jews

In Tunisia, display the same synagogue, which was held to observe the truck bombing of the al-Qaeda sponsored 21 people and left seven years ago.
The Gaddafi, Vzkrni my friend, it is often change its speed, it is the same who was expelled Jews Arabs in the wake of al-Fateh Revolution in 1969 that he led.
What if the Arabs and the Jews returned after a new war broke out between the Arabs and Israel? Do you migrate or are abandoned, as ratified by the novel, again?
But Dr Sami Zubaida pointed to my friend the Jewish-Arab like him, to stop a torrent Alastinkarip questions in the dialogue seemed futile.
Zubaydah was the last question raised as if to say the chapter.
"You both are talking about the first generation of Arab Jews who fled their home countries before fifty or sixty years. But what about the second generation and third generation Jews, Arabs?" Do you want to return to their ancestral homelands? "
Zubaydah put the last response also, veteran specializing in political affairs at the University of London and the deep Bdrasath on the Arab Jews, who belongs to them."They simply are
Someone once said peace is where you find it, but not always where you look