PDA

View Full Version : Two arrested in connection with Times Square bombing

bobdina
05-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Two people have been arrested in connection with the failed Times Square car bomb after a series of morning raids in Massachusetts and New York.

Published: 4:59PM BST 13 May 2010
A NYPD officer in an bomb suit examines a Nissan Pathfinder sport utility vehicle parked in New York's Times Square
A NYPD officer in an bomb suit examines a Nissan Pathfinder parked in New York's Times Square on May 1. Faisal Shahzad has since been arrested in connection with the attempted attack. Photo: REUTERS

Police cordoned off a small house in Watertown, a suburb about 10 miles west of Boston, where a neighbour reported seeing an FBI raid.

The searches were a result of evidence gathered in the investigation into Faisal Shahzad's alleged bombing attempt, but FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said that there was "no known immediate threat to the public or any active plot against the United States."

A Mobil petrol station in Brookline, another Boston suburb, was raided, along with several locations in Long Island, New York.

Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd said the two people arrested were being held on alleged immigration violations, but he would not provide more details.

Shahzad, who is accused of trying to detonate a bomb-laden car in Times Square on May 1, has not yet appeared in court. Federal investigators say he has been co-operating and has told them he received weapons training in Pakistan.

Vinny Lacerra, 50, who lives across the street from the house raided in Watertown, said he was in his living room about 6am when he heard somebody say: "FBI! Put your hands up!"

Mr Lacerra said he looked out his windows and saw 15 to 20 FBI agents with their guns drawn surrounding the house.

He said about 15 minutes later, the agents went inside and came out with one man handcuffed and took him down the street. He also said he saw an agent from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"I was surprised to see this because this is what you see on TV," Mr Lacerra said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7720346/Two-arrested-in-connection-with-Times-Square-bombing.html

Sixx
05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Two people have been arrested in connection with the failed Times Square car bomb after a series of morning raids in Massachusetts and New York.

Published: 4:59PM BST 13 May 2010
A NYPD officer in an bomb suit examines a Nissan Pathfinder sport utility vehicle parked in New York's Times Square
A NYPD officer in an bomb suit examines a Nissan Pathfinder parked in New York's Times Square on May 1. Faisal Shahzad has since been arrested in connection with the attempted attack. Photo: REUTERS

Police cordoned off a small house in Watertown, a suburb about 10 miles west of Boston, where a neighbour reported seeing an FBI raid.

The searches were a result of evidence gathered in the investigation into Faisal Shahzad's alleged bombing attempt, but FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said that there was "no known immediate threat to the public or any active plot against the United States."

A Mobil petrol station in Brookline, another Boston suburb, was raided, along with several locations in Long Island, New York.

Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd said the two people arrested were being held on alleged immigration violations, but he would not provide more details.

Shahzad, who is accused of trying to detonate a bomb-laden car in Times Square on May 1, has not yet appeared in court. Federal investigators say he has been co-operating and has told them he received weapons training in Pakistan.

Vinny Lacerra, 50, who lives across the street from the house raided in Watertown, said he was in his living room about 6am when he heard somebody say: "FBI! Put your hands up!"

Mr Lacerra said he looked out his windows and saw 15 to 20 FBI agents with their guns drawn surrounding the house.

He said about 15 minutes later, the agents went inside and came out with one man handcuffed and took him down the street. He also said he saw an agent from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"I was surprised to see this because this is what you see on TV," Mr Lacerra said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7720346/Two-arrested-in-connection-with-Times-Square-bombing.html

Maybe those dudes that were randomly beating pakis after 9-11 were right.
We need real protection now. Protection provided by us...the loyal American Citizen.
Time for people to stop double clutching cafe lattes and watching bullshit reality shows and wake the fuck up.

I promise you the after next successful terror attack on our soil against us....I will be hitting the streets.
I have had enough. If our laws cant protect us then I do not give a fuck about laws period.
Someone will pay.

This shit makes me fucking sick.