PDA

View Full Version : What DON'T you like about apacheclips.com and apacheboards?

Cruelbreed
11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
What can be better, what could we add, what needs fixing, what needs improvements. This is the time to find out what's wrong and figuring out how to fix or improve it. Just an easy way for Stark and I to get some ideas for the future :)

WaffenSS
11-07-2008, 04:30 AM
The page is fine the board is fine stop spamming the board with "how can we be better" would be an idea to be honest. :roleyes::roleyes:
Just relax things will happen I know Stark we go way back and he's a good dude and has a talent for making things work I have been on all his pages (remember the Unreal Tournament 2007 one hahahah) and he will make this one good and as big as he wants.

rok1ime
02-02-2009, 02:26 AM
the fake candy ass quasi patriots here who glorify the death and violence of the clips, claim to hate "sandniggers" and FUUUKKKIN LOVE AMERICA!!!, but dont know why and obviously never had the balls, courage or simple manhood to raise their right hand and fight for what they say they believe in. instead they come to these websites and masturbate quietly in the dark to black and white video FLIR vidoc, footage of real men doing sexy and cool combat shit that they themselves are too scared or pathetic to ever attempt, and home video of battered and burned corpses because they have never seen one in real life.

you people are the fucking scourge of the earth and if your avatar has a corpse or body parts in it, i sincerely hate you with all my soul and hope you end up the same way as the dead people you mock every day in here.

if you think bodies, dead people and death are cool, your either an idiot, extremely sheltered, a sociopath, or one sick and twisted sorry motherfucker who needs to cut your balls off now so you dont pollute my planet any farther.

and fuck you, i served in one of the most elite military units in the world, while you stroked your dicks to "faces of death" or fangoria or whatever it is you deluded fucks get off to....

Scott
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
rock1ime calm down man i understand your frustration but we're all different

nothink needs improving Tavarez all is cool bro :)

personaly i dont give a shit what is on the site everything goes, death, dead bodies beheadings do not bother me at all, call me what you want i aint bothered to be honest,we all have our own opinions of eachother, i guess watching people being killed by bombs etc is interesting to watch hence the reason im here hence the reason why i support seeing both sides of the war.

Cruelbreed
02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
the fake candy ass quasi patriots here who glorify the death and violence of the clips, claim to hate "sandniggers" and FUUUKKKIN LOVE AMERICA!!!, but dont know why and obviously never had the balls, courage or simple manhood to raise their right hand and fight for what they say they believe in. instead they come to these websites and masturbate quietly in the dark to black and white video FLIR vidoc, footage of real men doing sexy and cool combat shit that they themselves are too scared or pathetic to ever attempt, and home video of battered and burned corpses because they have never seen one in real life.

you people are the fucking scourge of the earth and if your avatar has a corpse or body parts in it, i sincerely hate you with all my soul and hope you end up the same way as the dead people you mock every day in here.

if you think bodies, dead people and death are cool, your either an idiot, extremely sheltered, a sociopath, or one sick and twisted sorry motherfucker who needs to cut your balls off now so you dont pollute my planet any farther.

and fuck you, i served in one of the most elite military units in the world, while you stroked your dicks to "faces of death" or fangoria or whatever it is you deluded fucks get off to....

Rok1time, I sincerely understand your point of view. But please refrain from using direct insults to individuals. You are free to express your opinion, and it's valued but if you have qualms with other persons or people perhaps you can use some of the insight and thought processes that inspire you, to inspire others to let go some of their hatreds and bring forth understanding.

It does not help to validate your points when you yourself express hatred and disgust towards others. These are the same feelings some of this boards members might be feeling, and it's awfully difficult for you to know each and every members personal or combat experiences.

"you people are the fucking scourge of the earth and if your avatar has a corpse or body parts in it, i sincerely hate you with all my soul and hope you end up the same way as the dead people you mock every day in here."

While I take great pride in knowing your opinion, please know that these are the same feelings and thoughts that embody some of our members thoughts of the insurgency. Perhaps you are not that much different from everyone else? Perhaps through our talks we can come toward mutual understanding. Or perhaps we can all just hate each other for the rest of eternity.

rok1ime
02-05-2009, 07:32 AM
hmmm....you know, for every person in here who's comments convince me there's no hope for humanity, there's someone like tavarez who re-affirms my faith in humanity.

point taken.

ghost
02-06-2009, 02:46 AM
I would like you see an edit/delete post function, when posting comments on videos.

Stark
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I would like you see an edit/delete post function, when posting comments on videos.

you mean as in if you upload a movie you as the "video owner" can delete and edit YOUR comments or other comments as well?

napalmdeath1.0
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM

i like you all ready rok1ime, this site is perfect, nothing needs 2 change !

Scott
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
you mean as in if you upload a movie you as the "video owner" can delete and edit YOUR comments or other comments as well?
i beleive he means when you make a comment to another post you as the poster should have the option to edit your own post or delete it.

which is a good idea both ways.

ghost
02-07-2009, 02:22 AM
i beleive he means when you make a comment to another post you as the poster should have the option to edit your own post or delete it.

which is a good idea both ways.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Like, I'll post something, then I'll forget that I wanted to say something, else. And, I can't just edit it, and fix it up, I have to put up a whole new comment...

Cruelbreed
02-07-2009, 02:53 PM
That's a great point and it's going to be considered, it's a necessity I believe.

EndUSA
03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
This page is far too biased.

ghost
03-30-2009, 10:56 PM

What do you mean by biased? Do you mean that we're biased to realism? Because I think that's a pretty good thing...

I don't think this site is biased at all, for what it is. It's a video/media hosting site for war/combat related clips. Not only that, but we even show footage from both sides. Ours and the opposition.... That doesn't sound biased to me.

Now if you're referring to the opinions of users being biased, then that's another thing. But everyone's opinions are biased. If they weren't, then it wouldn't be called an opinion.

Scott
03-31-2009, 11:35 AM
What do you mean by biased? Do you mean that we're biased to realism? Because I think that's a pretty good thing...

I don't think this site is biased at all, for what it is. It's a video/media hosting site for war/combat related clips. Not only that, but we even show footage from both sides. Ours and the opposition.... That doesn't sound biased to me.

Now if you're referring to the opinions of users being biased, then that's another thing. But everyone's opinions are biased. If they weren't, then it wouldn't be called an opinion.
spot on, sounds like this "EndUSA" isn't living reality or just some spotty kid sayign nonscene is every post he does, oh well we coudl all do with some entertainment and a arguement :)

ghost
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
spot on, sounds like this "EndUSA" isn't living reality or just some spotty kid sayign nonscene is every post he does, oh well we coudl all do with some entertainment and a arguement :)

LOL:lol:

napalmdeath1.0
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM

:)

sparkie
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
What can be better, what could we add, what needs fixing, what needs improvements. This is the time to find out what's wrong and figuring out how to fix or improve it. Just an easy way for Stark and I to get some ideas for the future :)

"Cause it was an irritation on another hangout of mine long ago.
I'm gettin signed out after abt 5 min of idle time.
I hang around cause I'd like to see this site become busy, and I'm watin for an opportunity to strike,,,LOL. Gettin signed out every 5 is a drag. Unless no one here hangs around that long..;{

Whoops,,,,looks like I'm the only one here again,,,,,,,I'm gonna go start sumpthin,,,,,,,

Scott
06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
hey sparkie, im on the website at 30 minutes the most even if im idle, i never get signed out.infact iv'e never had that problem before.

sparkie
06-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Happens to me every day. Guess it's just me.

Markoxx
06-07-2009, 01:14 PM

first i think u cant fuck us all beleive me it takes time and u need a very strong bad ass dick 2 do that. scond it not only u who serverd in iraq or afghanistan many here did it and they dont think the same way u think. third i think u r sick if u dont like 2 see vids or pics that show dead ppl so why the fuck u r here and y u r opening the vids if u dont like it. and the admins here the website is great we dont need 2 change anything here.

Stark
06-07-2009, 03:28 PM

Hippie ;)

gundriver22
06-08-2009, 01:46 AM
One thing that comes to mind is trying to keep organized what comments I've made on certain videos or forum topics etc. I'm sure there is a search functioin etc. to keep it clear, but how about a more user friendly reminder. Maybe a "post it" note or "blackboard" or something that will pop up on my home page that would say something like....."So and so" commented on your remark on this video.......etc etc. Ya know? then you could just click on that and go straight back to the vid or forum topic. the vids themselves ARE the best forums on this site and like I said earlier, it's hard to keep it straight. just a thought, if ya think it sucks..........oh well.

Either way, keep up the good work fellas. By far the best thing going. Cruelbreed, do you run this site as well as Stark?

Cruelbreed
06-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Sorry for this delayed response. Yes the forum is my responsibility. We work on the site together but stark is respnsible for the far more dominant portion of the page (video) and founded it. I'm currently in Alaska and will be back the 12th of this month.

Stark
06-08-2009, 06:28 AM
One thing that comes to mind is trying to keep organized what comments I've made on certain videos or forum topics etc. I'm sure there is a search functioin etc. to keep it clear, but how about a more user friendly reminder. Maybe a "post it" note or "blackboard" or something that will pop up on my home page that would say something like....."So and so" commented on your remark on this video.......etc etc. Ya know? then you could just click on that and go straight back to the vid or forum topic. the vids themselves ARE the best forums on this site and like I said earlier, it's hard to keep it straight. just a thought, if ya think it sucks..........oh well.

Either way, keep up the good work fellas. By far the best thing going. Cruelbreed, do you run this site as well as Stark?

You can set yourself reminders (emails send to your email address your registerd) that will send you a quick reminder that somebody has posted a comment on a movie you posted.
Is that what you were looking for?

gundriver22
06-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Shit, bro. I don't know. 99% of the time I touch the keyboard here, I've already downed 6 beers or so. I'll work it out. thanks for the reply though!:thumbup:

Stark
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Shit, bro. I don't know. 99% of the time I touch the keyboard here, I've already downed 6 beers or so. I'll work it out. thanks for the reply though!:thumbup:

no problem :D

It's under account settings (the link is on the main page upper left hand side - User controll panel and only shows if you're logged in of course)

Well so its under account settings - notifications

http://www.apacheclips.com/edit_profile&s=notifications

Mel
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM
You can set yourself reminders (emails send to your email address your registerd) that will send you a quick reminder that somebody has posted a comment on a movie you posted.
Is that what you were looking for?

Stark, What I think he means is when someone responds to a comment you have made on any video or forum post.As in when they quote you,is there a way to send a message telling you they have done that? Correct me if I'm wrong Gundriver22.

Stark
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Stark, What I think he means is when someone responds to a comment you have made on any video or forum post.As in when they quote you,is there a way to send a message telling you they have done that? Correct me if I'm wrong Gundriver22.

oh wow - well ... - I'm not sure I have to look into that - but to be quite honest I want to get some other things out of the way -

1) Edit your own comments and so forth

gundriver22
06-11-2009, 03:09 AM

Bullseye

CraneMan
08-08-2009, 04:57 AM

Hmm. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is not feeling your handle very much.
What exactly do you mean by biased? Do you hate Americans?

Toki
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
The spamming of islam fucktardedness videos. I'm not digging on you Partizan but the "just submitted" section is being overrun with these. I too feel like we need a user voting "keep or delete" option.

Cruelbreed
08-08-2009, 10:45 PM
The spamming of islam fucktardedness videos. I'm not digging on you Partizan but the "just submitted" section is being overrun with these. I too feel like we need a user voting "keep or delete" option.

Interesting idea.

pickup
08-09-2009, 05:46 AM

Hi rok1ime you cannot all members her to insult or denounce.You would know what all other members here think and doing.I want go to the army but it wasn't meant to me.Please don't call me an coward or pathetic you don't have the right to do that, ok.I follow this things since 9/11 then the war in Afg. and then Irak, and here on this websides I'm so close on this wars.I'm interested anyway by millitary and weapons.So you don't jude on me.

And I'm not masturbating on this things. Therfore i have enough porns on my pc. ;)

windexglow
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM
The new site design is great (a bit too much camo for me,) but I have a few suggestions.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5308/12173659.jpg
Make the video previews less cluttered. There's a huge amount of empty space under the preview image, and little room for the description.

Tags shouldn't be displayed unless searching, or inside a video. The vast majority of users probably aren't reading the tags.

The right column (user info, comments, featured links, ect) would better fit the user's page, rather than the media one.

Support for image scales - Many of the pictures are heavily stretched, or simply too small. If the right collumn is removed, it gives a lot more space to use for this.

The poll seems a bit much, kind of a useless feature (The sliding poll results)

Site just feels a lot more cluttered than before, but maybe that's just my bitching.

Cruelbreed
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
The new site design is great (a bit too much camo for me,) but I have a few suggestions.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5308/12173659.jpg
Make the video previews less cluttered. There's a huge amount of empty space under the preview image, and little room for the description.

Tags shouldn't be displayed unless searching, or inside a video. The vast majority of users probably aren't reading the tags.

The right column (user info, comments, featured links, ect) would better fit the user's page, rather than the media one.

Support for image scales - Many of the pictures are heavily stretched, or simply too small. If the right collumn is removed, it gives a lot more space to use for this.

The poll seems a bit much, kind of a useless feature (The sliding poll results)

Site just feels a lot more cluttered than before, but maybe that's just my bitching.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully more people let us know what they think.

rok1ime
09-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi rok1ime you cannot all members her to insult or denounce.You would know what all other members here think and doing.I want go to the army but it wasn't meant to me.Please don't call me an coward or pathetic you don't have the right to do that, ok.I follow this things since 9/11 then the war in Afg. and then Irak, and here on this websides I'm so close on this wars.I'm interested anyway by millitary and weapons.So you don't jude on me.

And I'm not masturbating on this things. Therfore i have enough porns on my pc. ;)

i think its pretty obvious why in your case the army wasnt "meant to me".
but hey, since you wanted to join and go to irak and look on the websides, thats almost the same thing as being there, right?
i promise not to jude you or your profoundly battered approach to the english language.

rok1ime
09-28-2009, 02:38 PM
first i think u cant fuck us all beleive me it takes time and u need a very strong bad ass dick 2 do that. scond it not only u who serverd in iraq or afghanistan many here did it and they dont think the same way u think. third i think u r sick if u dont like 2 see vids or pics that show dead ppl so why the fuck u r here and y u r opening the vids if u dont like it. and the admins here the website is great we dont need 2 change anything here.

i think apache clips needs an ESL class for some of these posters.....

but hey, its a free country. PPL r free 2 say what they want.

Edited by moderator- Personal attacks of any kind are not allowed, find a better way to express yourself please

cavscout11
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
i think its pretty obvious why in your case the army wasnt "meant to me".
but hey, since you wanted to join and go to irak and look on the websides, thats almost the same thing as being there, right?
i promise not to jude you or your profoundly battered approach to the english language.

he's from Germany, sorry he can't speak a language that's not primarily his to fit your standards, but from reading your post's they don't really reek too much intelligence either, which goes to say....