PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Taliban leader 'killed by CIA drone' surfaces on internet to threaten U.S.

perocity
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 3:38 PM on 3rd May 2010

The videos featuring Hakimullah Mehsud which surfaced over the weekend were the strongest evidence yet that he had survived the January missile attack

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

Two new videos from the Pakistani Taliban appear to show their leader alive and refuting earlier American and Pakistani claims that he was killed in a U.S. missile strike.

The videos featuring Hakimullah Mehsud surfaced over the weekend after an attempted car bombing in New York City, and were the strongest evidence yet that he had survived the January missile attack.

They underscore the patchy nature of intelligence gathering from the remote, isolated Pakistani tribal regions where Taliban, Al Qaeda and other militant groups have congregated.

In the clips, both apparently dated in April, Mehsud promises attacks on major U.S. cities, but officials have played down any Taliban links to the scare in Times Square.

One of the videos, broadcast on Pakistani television, shows Mehsud sitting in between two masked, armed men. In the background is a banner featuring crossed swords and an Arabic verse.

Speaking in Pashto, but with English subtitles, Mehsud assures viewers he was not killed in a missile strike or any other way, referring to specific reports of his death as lies and propaganda.

"(Praised be to God), on the 4th day of April 2010, I give good news to the Muslim (world) about being alive and healthy," Mehsud says in the nearly nine-minute clip.

The second clip is two minutes, 19 seconds long, and has a still picture of Mehsud next to a map of the U.S. showing explosions in three cities coast to coast, according to IntelCenter, a U.S.-based militant media monitor.

The map is not detailed enough to identify which cities.

A voice that sounds like Mehsud's says the tape was recorded on April 19. Speaking Urdu, he says the group's main targets from now on are U.S. cities, and that "good news will be heard within some days or weeks.'

Mehsud (left) is seen with his arm around a Taliban chief during a news conference two years ago. U.S. and Pakistani officials had been confident until recently that a January missile strike had killed Mehsud
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............
U.S. and Pakistani officials had been confident until recently that a January missile strike had killed Mehsud somewhere along the border dividing South Waziristan and North Waziristan tribal regions.

The Taliban, however, had consistently denied that Mehsud was killed, but they refused to provide evidence that he was alive on grounds it would endanger his security.

Last week, four Pakistani intelligence officials said the spy networks had determined that Mehsud was alive after all after getting new information from electronic surveillance and reports from sources in the field, including from inside the Taliban.

One of them said Mehsud was believed to have been wounded in the attack but had largely recovered.

Another intelligence officials also said Mehsud was no longer the major force in the Taliban movement, which has carried out scores of attacks in Pakistan in recent years and is allied with Al Qaeda and militants in Afghanistan fighting U.S. and Nato troops.

And in Washington last week, Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell said he had seen 'no evidence' that Mehsud 'is operational today or is executing or exerting authority over the Pakistan Taliban as he once did'.

Neither official explained Mehsud's alleged loss of clout, but the militant network has been pummeled over the last six months by relentless U.S. missile attacks and Pakistan army offensives that have pushed it from once-secure bases along the border.

The officials all spoke on condition of anonymity because the spy agencies do not allow their operatives to be named in the media.

bobdina
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Full text of Hakeemullah videotape
By Bill Ardolino and Bill RoggioMay 2, 2010 9:37 PM
Hakeemullah-Mehsud-alive.jpg

Hakeemullah Mehsud, the leader of the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan, from his audiotape, dated April 19, 2010.

Below the fold is the full text of a videotape released to The Long War Journal by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel. The videotape, dated April 4, and another audiotape, dated April 19, were released less than 24 hours after the failed car bomb attack at Times Square in New York City. The Taliban clearly are capitalizing on the event to announce Hakeemullah is alive and to prove he is in operational control of the Pakistani Taliban. Much of the tape focuses on threats against the US.

My respected brothers of the Muslim Ummah

May Peace and Blessings of Allah be on to you

The non-believers (kuffar) have always been doing propaganda that Hakeem ullah Mehsood has been martyred.

Sometimes they say in a Drone attack, mostly giving references of Shaktui or Orukzai and sometimes they say we martyred him on his way to Multan.

This is an open LIE & propaganda made by Kuffar and its funded Media. Alhamdulillah, on the 4th day of April 2010, I give good news to the Muslim Ummah about being alive and healthy.

And I want to make one more thing very clear that America is the worst Fanatic Terrorist & Extremist country in the whole world.

Its hands are filled with the blood of millions of Muslim children, women, young & old of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and various other Muslim countries.

And now this arrogant terrorist has started showing bad intentions towards the Mujahideen of Yemen, Now America wants to enter into Yemen for its evil objectives.

I want to give a clear message to the Muslim Ummah to WAKE UP from the slumber of ignorance and cowardness [sic]. America and its allies are facing the worst defeat ever in the [sic] history.

America and Nato [sic] forces are facing a destructive defeat in Afghanistan and want to run away from Afghanistan under the camouflage of PEACE DEALS.

Very soon the Muslim Ummah will hear victorious & joyous news of US troops leaving Afghanistan back to its terrorist state after a humiliating end.

Along with its front-line ally Pakistan Murtad Army facing the same humiliating fate in the tribal areas. InshaALLAH. With the help of ALLAH (SWT) we are steadfast and successful in our mission.

I want to especially convey my message to the Mujahaideen of Yemen, Aljazzair, Saudi Arab (Hijaz-e-Muqaddas) and Palestine to be steadfast on their Jehad and don’t loose [sic] their stance even for a micro second.

I request all of you to be steadfast & firm in your Jehad. The time is very near when our Fidaeen will attack the American states in their major cities.

And inshaALLAH we will succeed in our attacks. Our fidaeen have penetrated the terrorist America, we will give extremely painful blows to the fanatic America. I request you all to be steadfast & firm in your Jehad.

America, the criminal state has martyred many of our great muslim Leaders i.e., Baitullah Mehsud Shaheed RA and many respected brothers from Al-Qaida who were prince [sic] of Arab and they only came for us for shelter.

They came to us with the invitation towards ISLAMIC/Shariah System and for this the US and their Extremist Allies have martyred them.

We can never forget our honorable martyred brothers, our faith and dignity does not allow us to forget about these Great Martyrs in the path of ALLAH (swt). InshaALLAH we will take revenge of our brothers in the most ruthless way.

Not to forget about the respected and innocent sister from Pakistan Dr. Afia Siddiqui who has been stripped naked in order to make Fun of the dignity and respect of the Muslim Ummah.

Our hearts are in severe pain seeing our sister in such un-human and disrespectful condition. The flames in our hearts will only be lightened when our Fidaaeen will deliver precise and destructive attacks on the terrorist America bringing it down to its knees. inshaALLAH

InshaALLAH very soon in some days or a month’s time, the Muslim ummah will see the fruits of most successful attacks of our fidaeen in [sic] USA.

Please don’t worry for the pain and suffering that’s in your heart. America the extremist has Lost terribly.

And I want to Warn its Allies to have some mercy on themselves, stop assisting America and If you don’t stop your KUFR/Disbelief being a frontline ally in their war against Islam, you will face an even worse humiliation, destruction and defeat than America itself.

I want to again WARN the evil Allies to have mercy on themselves and reject the friendship of USA, openly oppose the satanic American policies. Otherwise your end will be much Harsh [sic] than Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq.

inshaALLAH in some days or a month, time will prove the success of our Fidaee [sic] attacks bringing Joy & bliss to the hearts of the Muslim Ummah.

Al Quran: “And the hearts of the momineen will receive bliss.”

O’ the Youth, Ulema and Scholars and pious people of the Ummah remember us in your prayers to ALLAH (SWT).

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2010/05/full_text_of_hakeemullah_video.php#ixzz0mtPNLSpL

Reactor-Axe-Man
05-05-2010, 02:40 AM
I guess the moral of this story is never send the CIA to do a man's job.

dmaxx3500
05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
no,just use real ''nukes''

ianstone
05-06-2010, 10:12 AM
You know yourselves, cockroaches, breed like hell and
take a lot of eradicating, before they have gone.

Yono
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Well folks, there is always next time....and by next time I mean M.O.A.B lol