PDA

View Full Version : AL BASHIR is here to stay

ianstone
04-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Your Views Your views: Sudan's election results http://english.aljazeera.net/mritems/Images/2010/4/26/201042615255559734_3.jpg After nearly a fortnight of waiting, the people of Sudan have been told that Omar al-Bashir, the incumbent president, has been re-elected. But what does this mean for the country? Have the results, which showed strong support for Salva Kiir, the president of the semi-autonomous south and leader of the SPLM party, made a split between north and south more likely? What does the future hold for Sudan?

Added: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 03:07 AM Mecca time, 12:07 AM GMT In the first place, both observers and voters we have a moral dilemma: 1- we support President Bashir and we wish well in his tenure or 2- we support the famous celebrity international judge Moreno Ocampo who ordered the detention, for the first time in human history, of a serving chief of state. I do not know about President Bashir voters, but I will suggest Moreno (in Argentina we, commoners and populace, use only one surname, the real surname of our father and we never change it) to ask Hollywood to provide a dummy warrant for the detention of President Bashir. I will also ask Moreno to enquiry about the long three decades of military rule by the democratic friend of Israel, President Mubarak, since himself, sporting Argentinean passport, have suffered the same oppression at home. But, to be honest, Behind the Scenes, I can see Moreno's friends more interested in oil, gas, and potable water from the Nile than international justice. norberto, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Added: Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 02:43 PM Mecca time, 11:43 AM GMT 'You Tube' The Story of Your Enslavement

The end of the beginning or the beginning of the end for the region, lets all hope.