PDA

View Full Version : Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

perocity
04-25-2010, 11:39 AM
By JAMIE GRISWOLD
MyNorthwest.com

After Comedy Central cut a portion of a South Park episode following a death threat from a radical Muslim group, Seattle cartoonist Molly Norris wanted to counter the fear. She has declared May 20th "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day."

Norris told KIRO Radio's Dave Ross that cartoonists are meant to challenge the lines of political correctness. "That's a cartoonist's job, to be non-PC."
Producers of South Park said Thursday that Comedy Central removed a speech about intimidation and fear from their show after a radical Muslim group warned that they could be killed for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

The group said it wasn't threatening South Park producers Trey Parker and Matt Stone, but it included a gruesome picture of Theo Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker killed by a Muslim extremist in 2004, and said the producers could meet the same fate. The website posted the addresses of Comedy Central's New York office and the California production studio where South Park is made.

"As a cartoonist I just felt so much passion about what had happened I wanted to kind of counter Comedy Central's message they sent about feeling afraid," Norris said.

Norris has asked other artists to submit drawings of any religious figure to be posted as part of Citizens Against Citizens Against Humor (CACAH) on May 20th.

On her website Norris explains this is not meant to disrespect any religion, but rather meant to protect people's right to express themselves.

© 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

MickDonalds
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Can we submit anonymously? I want to submit a picture of Muhammad getting explicitly raped by a large Pig with a "God Bless America and Noone Else" tattoo. Of course, I don't want to be killed either

Sixx
04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Can we submit anonymously? I want to submit a picture of Muhammad getting explicitly raped by a large Pig with a "God Bless America and Noone Else" tattoo. Of course, I don't want to be killed either

hahaha
I'd submit some crazy shit too.

perocity
04-25-2010, 03:43 PM
They already want to kill everyone that does not agree with their religion so whats another excuse! fucking assholes.

ianstone
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
We as a society fear the backlash.
So ask yourself, who are the mindless morons that lack backbone.
I takes ten good men to stand idly by for evil to flourish.
They cant put us all the jails.What would you do in the old wild west.
No not murder them, run em out of town.

MickDonalds
04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Or how about a cartoon of Muhammad wearing a suicide vest, on all fours, and underneath a horse, taking a shit on his face?

joelee
04-25-2010, 05:34 PM
How about mohamud being taught to read by a woman. A really hot woman. a really smart looking hot woman....
uggh, be right back...

Cup_Noodles
04-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Don't like it? too fucking bad.

perocity
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Dude that's a fucking awesome drawing! I hope you did not post your picture in the(what do we look like thread)..LOL Box of whoop ass!!

Cup_Noodles
04-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Dude that's a fucking awesome drawing! I hope you did not post your picture in the(what do we look like thread)..LOL Box of whoop ass!!

I'm not exactly Pablo Picasso but I did my best. I did infact post my picture, let them get a good look at me.

ianstone
04-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Just get a eraser and rub his face out completely.
I don't want to view has likeness again.

lord_donutz
04-26-2010, 06:02 PM
I dunno, I don't like the guy, he was a pedophile.

nastyleg
04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Without critisizm of government or each other we are no better than those that want to kill us.

perocity
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Just found this LOL.Confirmed: Guy Who Threatened South Park Creators Lives in Mom's Basement.Last week, Zachary Adam Chesser—a 20-year-old Muslim convert who now goes by the name Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee—posted a warning on the Web site RevolutionMuslim.com following the 200th episode of the show on Comedy Central. The episode, which trotted out many celebrities the show has previously satirized, also "featured" the Prophet Muhammad: He was heard once from within a U-Haul truck and a second time from inside a bear costume.