PDA

View Full Version : High times for American marijuana smokers as police allow thousands of '4/20' pot pro

perocity
04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Marijuana smokers across the America lit up in public parks, outside statehouses and in the posh confines of a Hummer parked outside a pot gardening superstore to observe the movement's annual 'high holiday' yesterday.

Those who weren't within whiffing distance of a college campus or a reggae concert may not have realised that Tuesday was '4/20', the celebration-cum-mass civil disobedience derived from '420' - insider shorthand for cannabis consumption.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267696/National-weed-day-2010-US-4-20-pot-protesters-light-April-20th.html#ixzz0lmZTlknd
6797679867996800Smoke gets in your eyes: An estimated 12,000 to 15,000 people all exhale marijuana smoke as the clock hit 4.20pm during the 4/20 event on Norlin Quad at the University of Colorado in Boulder

Toki
04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
*Cartman voice* God damn hippies and they're hippie jam festival.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/N/T/sp902_Die_Hippy_Die.jpg

perocity
04-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Pot not just for Hippies anymore you would be surprised who's smoking da weed these days.680768086809681068116812

Mel
04-21-2010, 10:18 PM
WOW...Look at the size of some of those blunts.:freakout:

Sixx
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
WOW...Look at the size of some of those blunts.:freakout:

I'd add some pics to this thread but I do not want to self-incriminate. :D

Sixx
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I love some of those pics......especially the "fog" ones....

Mel
04-21-2010, 10:51 PM
It's gotta take a lot of doobies to make that much fog. :P

perocity
04-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Speaking of incriminating.. Reported pic of Obama in the early years.

Sixx
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
It's gotta take a lot of doobies to make that much fog. :P

I know right? That is nuts lol.

Pittsburgh
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Those two kids in the second photograph can't be much older than 14 or 15 years old. I'm sure their parents are a classy bunch and I'm also sure I will be helping to pay for their kid's Obamacare while they are still living at home at the age of 26, toking up and eating cheetos. Awesome!

On that note, I'm all for legalizing it even though I think there are much larger issues to worry about in this country right now. At the same time, if you are going to legalize it, I believe there should be laws implemented (age limit, operating a vehicle, places where you can and cannot smoke, etc.).

Eitherway, that second photograph doesn't exactly help the cause of the "Legalize It" crowd in my opinion.

Sixx
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
*** I had to edit my posts out for safety reasons.
Seems that I have to many enemies to post my beliefs.

It is not related to anyone that has posted here.
If you want to know the reason why I'll PM you.

Sad world we live in.

This is one of the problems I was talking about.
sorry guys.

Pittsburgh
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm not stating that you should "ban it". Just regulate it to some degree.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of a 16-year old going to the local 7-11, purchasing a pack of joints and driving a vehicle around my neighborhood while stoned out of his mind.

perocity
04-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Chances are they are not going to want to do much driving if their that stoned and if they do need to drive"to get more Frito's" it's unlikely they are going to do any reckless driving.Statistically your cheeseburger is a greater threat than any stoned teenagers.

Pittsburgh
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Chances are they are not going to want to do much driving if their that stoned and if they do need to drive"to get more Frito's" it's unlikely they are going to do any reckless driving.Statistically your cheeseburger is a greater threat than any stoned teenagers.

Never heard of the term "high drive" or going on a "high drive"? I knew plenty of people in highschool who would leave school, buy a bag of reefer and go on them.

Like I said on two different occasions, I'm all for legalizing it, just regulate it to some degree.

perocity
04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Regardless I would rather they "high drive" than"drunk drive" But it's not up to me kids will be kids and they will do what ever they are going to do legal or not.

Pittsburgh
04-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Regardless I would rather they "high drive" than"drunk drive" But it's not up to me kids will be kids and they will do what ever they are going to do legal or not.

Right, but at least there are consequences for when you get caught driving drunk or are under the age of the legal drinking age and that's all I'm asking for when it comes to legalizing marijuana. Laws and consequences.

Just because little Johnny drives drunk, doesn't mean it's okay for him to drive stoned. Just because "kids will be kids", doesn't mean we throw the laws out the window and let them do as they please with zero repercussions. What kind of message does that send?

But to each their own.

Sixx
04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm not stating that you should "ban it". Just regulate it to some degree.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of a 16-year old going to the local 7-11, purchasing a pack of joints and driving a vehicle around my neighborhood while stoned out of his mind.

Oh I agree with you totally man. Even though I might partake in the herb occasionally....I would never want my son to have access to it. Or be around it for that matter.

As for the driving under the influence. That shit is a no-go.....If you cannot be responsible to drive intoxicant free then you deserve not to drive at all.

Sad world we live in.

sorry guys.

also I believe the the age you can acquire a driver's license needs to be raised in the United States.

acf6
04-22-2010, 01:47 AM
You know I was taught in school to "Get high on Life". I believe that 100%!!!!! If you need something like Cannabis to have fun then you need to get a life!!! And yes I drink but right now it is legal for me to drink!!! If it was illegal I wouldn't do it. As for pzycho and perocity it is your choice for smoking the devil weed. But I have to make a couple of points, pzycho if you dont want your kid near it than why are you smoking it? and perocity I think you have hit one too many since cannabis affects you the same way alcohol does and impairs your drivng as bad or worse than alcohol does!!! and that is a fact!!!! Just my 2 cents have fun!!!

Sixx
04-22-2010, 02:47 AM

Sad world we live in.

sorry guys.

acf6
04-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Thats all fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But heres one for you, you say it helps you cope, which is great! But all you have to do is get a prescription for THC. THC is givin as a prescription just like any other drug! I never said it wasnt useful for legal medicinal uses, which it sounds like you have. The way you talked you were just hitting it because, now that you have explained some reasoning that makes it totally different! Many drugs, like painkillers, are a lot worse than cannabis when it comes to abuse and addiction, and I hate taking painkillers just for that reason. Most of the time I take Ibuprofen and thats it. I think a lot of states will make it legal for medicinal reasons only. But in all states it is illegal to operate a vehicle with cannabis in your system.

Now on a couple other things. I never questioned whether you were responsible person or not. I dont know you!! I am not judging you, I asked one simple question and you answered it. As for the legal question, There is NO WAY in hell you can compare doing 5 mph over the limit or some other simple traffic law to illegal drug possession!!! They are two totally different scenarios. Now for the drinking part, yes I have a drink from time to time but again it is LEGAL for me to drink. Do I do it to get high? NO. It is purely a social thing. And as you have asked then why do it? Well I guess the best answer is I like the taste. I hate the way I feel the next day when I drink more than I should have. That is why when I go out its 4-6 beers and done. Many times If I am in a group I am the DD. Should I drink? No probably not but I will continue to because just like your choice to smoke cannabis its my choice to have a drink from time to time.

Now with all that said I am not going to post anymore on this topic. I have stated my opinion and so have you and I think we can respect each other for that!!! Good Luck and be safe!!!

ianstone
04-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Good god,
when you lot roll a joint, they are huge.
Get some of that smoke in the aircraft instead of volcanic ash,
and you would be on a well chilled flight. ha ha ha ha

ianstone
04-22-2010, 12:06 PM
I have opiates as pain relief, and the side effects are bad.
A spiff does help, but makes me panic though,
I find slow low temperature cooking good "fairy butterfly cakes very good

Cup_Noodles
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I am gonna have to agree with Pzycho. Although personally I do not smoke Sweat Leaf or smoke at all for that matter, parenting has a shit ton to do with it. My parents partied hard and still do, I myself have gotten pretty fucked up and I'm 17, do I regret it? no, I don't. Pzycho also has a legitimate reason to hit the Sweat Leaf, not because he wants to smoke it. I see way too many kids who get high because they think it is cool.

If you were to legalize Marijuana so much petty crime would be eliminated and money would be saved. All these fucking drug cartels down in Mexico would all be pretty much wiped out. Being that there is no risk to smuggle it into the country there is no way they could make a profit. All the government has to do is tax it and sell it for a reasonable price. There is no point in locking someone up for 5 years because they have some pot on them. The government should be cracking down on shit like Cocaine and Heroin, not a plant.

perocity
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
The U.S. marijuana is a $113 billion annual business that costs taxpayers $41.8 billion in enforcement costs and lost tax revenues, according to a study to be published later Monday.

The study, "Lost Taxes and Other Costs of Marijuana Laws," by Jon Gettman, contends that marijuana sales are mostly the province of teenagers and young adults. His numbers also imply that the industry is supported, in both demand prices, by a relatively few extremely heavy users.

The study used diverse sources including government studies, private research and even High Times magazine to determine that about 25 million Americans consume an estimated total of 31 million pounds of pot annually. The number of users, and the price paid for pot, have changed little over recent years, despite continual government interdiction and incarceration efforts, the study says.

Based on government assumption that some 28.7% of U.S. gross domestic product ends up as tax revenue on a federal, state or local basis, the $113 billion could yield $31 billion in taxes. Assuming that marijuana offenses, which are 5.54% of all arrests, take an equal share of the country's $193 billion in annual criminal justice expenditures, Gettman finds another $10.7 billion in annual savings.

Read more here: http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=860

DefensorFortis
04-27-2010, 08:14 AM
I am gonna have to agree with Pzycho. Although personally I do not smoke Sweat Leaf or smoke at all for that matter, parenting has a shit ton to do with it. My parents partied hard and still do, I myself have gotten pretty fucked up and I'm 17, do I regret it? no, I don't. Pzycho also has a legitimate reason to hit the Sweat Leaf, not because he wants to smoke it. I see way too many kids who get high because they think it is cool.

If you were to legalize Marijuana so much petty crime would be eliminated and money would be saved. All these fucking drug cartels down in Mexico would all be pretty much wiped out. Being that there is no risk to smuggle it into the country there is no way they could make a profit. All the government has to do is tax it and sell it for a reasonable price. There is no point in locking someone up for 5 years because they have some pot on them. The government should be cracking down on shit like Cocaine and Heroin, not a plant.

I guess you have a point that legalizing it would clear up some petty stuff, even though alchohol is legal moonshinig is known to still happen. Who says that if you legalize the stuff that someone is going to come up with a new variety of it which is even stronger and has even worse effects which is outside the legal limits of the regular stuff. Besides, if it's illegal keep it that way, we shouldn't let pot heads rule our country with their stupid bullshit concerns.