PDA

View Full Version : Obama heckled by opponents of gay ban

bobdina
04-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Obama heckled by opponents of gay ban

The Associated Press
Posted : Monday Apr 19, 2010 22:19:15 EDT

LOS ANGELES — Opponents of the “don't ask don't tell” policy on gays in the military interrupted President Barack Obama with heckling at a Los Angeles fundraiser for Sen. Barbara Boxer.

The protesters shouted to ask Obama what he is going to do about the policy, which prohibits gays from serving openly in the military. The shouts grew so insistent that Obama responded.

The president said that he supports overturning "don't ask don't tell" and suggested the protesters should be yelling at the people who don't.

Obama has called on Congress to lift the ban, and military officials are examining how to do that.

Obama also told the crowd that Boxer opposed "don't ask don't tell" in the first place.

nastyleg
04-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Hahahahaha his leftist buddies are turning on him and this points out that they have no clue as to how/who is going to make the policy changes or how many millions of dollars it will take to implement those changes to policy.

MickDonalds
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Hahahahaha his leftist buddies are turning on him and this points out that they have no clue as to how/who is going to make the policy changes or how many millions of dollars it will take to implement those changes to policy.

BILLIONS of dollars to implement those changes. You and I discussed it before, in another thread, I think and it's going to SWAMP the defense budget to have change every barracks and latrine around.

nastyleg
04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
BILLIONS of dollars to implement those changes. You and I discussed it before, in another thread, I think and it's going to SWAMP the defense budget to have change every barracks and latrine around.

we have and you are right. Civilians want social change in the military but it costs money not just thinking.

Sixx
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM

Yup, I remember and agree.....People think change like that is so easy. At first I really didn't care if fags served or not.......But now they are starting to get under my skin and piss me off

dmaxx3500
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
could this really be about ''overloading'' the military?,by making them waste money and time running in circles ,this might be a way to misdirect us ,while they[obamas government] does some worse to the military?

nastyleg
04-21-2010, 02:02 AM
could this really be about ''overloading'' the military?,by making them waste money and time running in circles ,this might be a way to misdirect us ,while they[obamas government] does some worse to the military?

If the policy is changed it would force the military to use most of the budget to implement the changes.