PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alaska

LegioX
04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Howdy all.
Just wanna say hello. Ben Lurkin for a while and really enjoy this site. Kudos to Stark for keepin' it running.
LegioX

Pittsburgh
04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Heeeeeelllloooooo Alaska. Welcome.

joelee
04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Welcome LegioX, I've only been off the coast of Alaska, but it was Feb, off the Aluetians Islands, and no offense, but I don't want to come back.
Well maybe in the summer...
But anyway,if I can help in any way feel free to PM me.

Mel
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome to AC LegioX, Enjoy your time here.

Pittsburgh
04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Oh man, I've been to Mexico, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, England, Canada and Spain, but I would love to visit my own country's Alaska. That's my type of state. Cold weather, snow, good hockey, good fishing, quiet and absolutely beautiful.

When I do take the trip, any suggestions on where to go and I'm not talking about the popular tourist destinations.

LegioX
04-17-2010, 10:14 AM
If you like to fish, take a long drive from Anchorage (Probably where you'll fly into) thru Palmer, Glenallen, Delta Junction and up to Fairbanks. There are lots of rivers and streams to catch trout, salmon and grayling along the way. From Fairbanks, drive south thru Nenana, Healy and back to Anchorage. All that can take several days to do. Then drive south to the Kenai Peninisula and down to Homer. You'll see scenery that'll knock your eyes out and lots of wildlife too. If you don't fish it's still a great drive with lots of places to camp in. Not a lot of hotels along the way. The best time of the year is July-August.
Hope this helps Pittsburgh.

ianstone
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome from accross the pond, one of the rules here is to check your sanity in at the door, ha ha ha, they are realy a great, "gaggle of guys" in AC.
You will enjoy your stay(less time off for good behaviour).

Markoxx
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Welcome and enjoy bro :)

Pittsburgh
04-18-2010, 04:13 PM
If you like to fish, take a long drive from Anchorage (Probably where you'll fly into) thru Palmer, Glenallen, Delta Junction and up to Fairbanks. There are lots of rivers and streams to catch trout, salmon and grayling along the way. From Fairbanks, drive south thru Nenana, Healy and back to Anchorage. All that can take several days to do. Then drive south to the Kenai Peninisula and down to Homer. You'll see scenery that'll knock your eyes out and lots of wildlife too. If you don't fish it's still a great drive with lots of places to camp in. Not a lot of hotels along the way. The best time of the year is July-August.
Hope this helps Pittsburgh.

Thanks LegioX. It's much appreciated and very helpful.