PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd Say Hey!

woodsboy
04-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Hey guys my name is Airen, and it's said just like any other way you spell it (aaron or whatever).

Im 20yrs old, and I live in South Carolina. I just Enlisted into the Army Reserves (11B) and will be leaving for Ft. Benning, GA home of the Infantry in the months ahead!!

I love to shoot and build/race cars, It has been a hobby of mine since i was 14. I Just joined AC a few months ago and loved every minute of it.

I felt the need to introduce myself since it has been awhile, glad to be part of the crew!

Hooraah

Stark
04-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Welcome to AC - or as it is lovingly called by our community here - Box of chocolate

Have fun and ask for help if you need to

Pittsburgh
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Hello and welcome.

ianstone
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi there, if you are nuts, this is the right site for you. ha ha ha ha.

Mel
04-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the site Airen...Pull up a chair and put in your 2 cents.

MickDonalds
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Wait...you mean National Guard right? Reserves gave up their Combat Arms MOS's back in the 1990's I think...

GTFPDQ
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the only refuge left in the free world for a laugh...Get stuck in.

joelee
04-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Welcome woodsboy, I wish you luck with your military service, and hope that you enjoy the site.

woodsboy
04-13-2010, 07:29 PM
I would like to say thank you for all the brotherly love, and yes I like my crazy nuts insane videos!

:and to MickDonalds, you're almost correct! the Army Reserves does not have a dedicated Infantry batallion/regiment, They train/deploy with National Guard to my knowledge. My recruiter hasn't fully filled me in but he has insured me I will be where i want.

Just a little research.

Army Reserve's combat units were disbanded, except the 100th Battalion, 442nd Infantry Regiment. This meant the disestablishment of the three remaining Army Reserve fighting brigades: the 157th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized) (Separate) of Pennsylvania, the 187th Infantry Brigade (Separate) of Massachusetts, and the 205th Infantry Brigade (Separate) (Light) of Minnesota. Many of the Army Reserve training divisions were realigned as institutional training divisions.