PDA

View Full Version : Polish President Killed in Plane Crash

Pittsburgh
04-10-2010, 08:39 AM
MOSCOW (AP) — Polish President Lech Kaczynski and some of the country's highest military and civilian leaders died on Saturday when the presidential plane crashed as it came in for a landing in thick fog in western Russia, killing 96, officials said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/10/polish-presidents-plane-crashes-russia/

Pittsburgh
04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
As you can imagine, there is speculation surrounding the crash considering it was landing in Russia and just about every top political and military head in Poland went down in the crash. While it's pure speculation, nothing would surprise me when it comes to Medvedev and Putin.

Politics aside, my thoughts and prayers go out to the country of Poland. A very strong and respected ally. From sending troops to Iraq to recently bolstering their ranks in Afghanistan to over 2,000 soldiers.

Yono
04-11-2010, 08:36 AM
An extremely sad day for Poland and the world.
I do believe that this wasn't a "weather crash", more like an assassination but you never know. All I do know is that the Russians did NOT like him...

Reactor-Axe-Man
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
I'll be honest. I was willing to write this off as a tragic accident. But the fact that ol' Pooty-Poot himself is going to be in charge of the accident investigation really makes my bullshit alarm sound off.