PDA

View Full Version : Obama in Afghanistan...meh

nastyleg
03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
So Obama went to Afghanistan to visit the troops (first time in a year give or take a few months). On all of the local news papers there he is shaking hands and being welcomed. The one thing missing that I noticed that the press did during the Bush administration. Can you figure it out. I will tell you. The death counts on the news and in the papers. Every fucking day and night America was reminded the human cost of war. That has disappeared from all forms of major media except 1. The pentagon news channel. At the end of the news segments through out the day they show the cost. Unlike the major news outlets they use it to honor the fallen warriors not to make a political point.

During the Bush administration we heard and saw numerous reports of deaths and when will this end when will he be brought before a war crimes tribunal. Where is the same criticism of the Obama administration that was given to Bush? Where is the moral outrage that news and the left? What is the difference between Bush and Obama? Bush set Obama up for success in Iraq through the surge. Which he was opposed to and said it would fail. Obama and Biden now take full credit for the success that was paid in blood and treasury in Iraq. So why the super star treatment?

scoutsout80
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Two words......liberal media

Pittsburgh
03-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Mr. Commander in Chief rallying the troops huh? That's funny. This is the same guy who hesitated to send more troops to the area after his generals asked for them and deaths resulted from his actions. All because his blind followers would not agree with his actions.

Not a f-ing peep from the national media. It was just business as usual from "our savior".

This guy is a joke and so is the national media when it comes to covering these wars. It's no wonder why print media is basically dead and stations like MSNBC are dead f-ing last in ratings.

ipalot111
03-29-2010, 05:15 PM
i watched most of his little speech at bagram, and it just seemed like a motivational thing. He didnt lay out any real strategy. It was just funny to watch i think.

MickDonalds
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Why did anybody even show up? I remember when he showed up at Camp Lejeune, NC on Thanksgiving Day, in 2008, after just being elected, and the Marines were like "Whatever..." and ignored him and ate their cold turkey without showing the slightest regard for the incoming asshole.

nastyleg
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM
i watched most of his little speech at bagram, and it just seemed like a motivational thing. He didnt lay out any real strategy. It was just funny to watch i think.

all style no substance

cheese
04-01-2010, 04:07 AM
you can't really blame Obama himself for the MSM (mainstream media) aka liberal media, and how they distort the news. its quite evident how liberal they are. as you stated in your OP, i remember on CBS and on PBS, after every news broadcast they would name the fallen. i dont see this anymore. war seems forgotten, but i won't forget. i check the casualty list quite often through the DoD website and other sources.

I like Obama for one reason, hes continuing Bush's foreign policy pretty much, and hasn't reneged on his duties to protect those from harm. Obama knows whats at stake, and is aware of containing radical Islam throughout the globe. Lets eradicate extremism of any form.

ianstone
04-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Sadly it is true, and true over here. Europe's lack of backbone has cost us all dearly. When we are right, why do we feel so isolated?

Pittsburgh
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
all style no substance

That has basically been his platform going back to the days when he was on his campaign trail. Unfortunately, people in this country were so obsessed with getting some of that "change we can believe in", they did not bother to actually listen to what the man was saying and what he stood for.

Now look at what we have.

nastyleg
04-01-2010, 11:01 AM
now they are waking up from a long sleep and actually looking at the "leaders" they have put in place.

MickDonalds
04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
now they are waking up from a long sleep and actually looking at the "leaders" they have put in place.

These trolls that we have for leaders are going to pay dearly in November and hopefully in 2012. The Silent Majority that elected presidents such as Reagan, Nixon and both Bush's needs to make an overwhelming comeback to fix the mistakes of a group of "freshmen running wild with John and Jane Q. Taxpayer's credit card".

ianstone
04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Man, all of you, I hear what your saying. Power to the people! ! !